Letters To Santa Living Room Show April 5, 2008

Perhaps a VC jersey with your name on the back?

What color?

But what sport would you emmulate with the jersey?

soccer?

American Football ( I don't belive in touchdowns)?

baseball (High heat)?

Maybe swimming...Speedo

..or not.

Stupid?

Yeah...It's me

:P :monkey

i'm thinking the official uniform could be Nudie Suits. :stunned

I'm not sure what sport..perhaps Baseball...as we could do long sleeve cotton shirts that are 2 color along with our VC names on the back and our IRL on the front in small letters. We could also put a number that is from the date we first heard Wilco. I'm pretty sure that's the best moneywise option...Plus I know I wouldn't be comfy wearing a nudie suit to every show. But cotton longsleeves are great...oo I think they'd actually be 3/4 sleeves and loose enough to roll them. We could choose a few sets of colors that way you can also support your team? Hmm...

(this is what happens when you work at a sign shop that does clothing as well)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! That's still all I can say about saturday night. I really wouldn't be exagerating when I say that it was one of the happiest times of my life thus far. It was wonderful to meet all of you and be on the receiving end of so much kindness!

I think I have had a continuous grin on my face for about 5 days now, and it isn't going away anytime soon. I will have to wait till I get home to add more thoughts.

For today, I am heading to Wicker Park to look around and then up to Lincoln Park to explore. Have a great day people!

Thanks, Brianne. I'm bummed we won't get to see you next week. I was wondering what dead rock star I would have been. Sam & Sooz suggested Johnny Paycheck or Lynnard Skynnard. Perhaps it's time for a makeover.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to meeting you. :ohwell

You spend your life growing up and listening to music. Standing in front of mirrors using a hairbrush as a mic. Using Dad's tennis racket as a guitar. Imagining what it would be like to be on stage with the musicians that affirm life for you. And then, in a suburb somewhere north of O'Hare in Chicago, 25 years after you first put a tonearm down on a record, a childhood dream comes true.

I've sat with my guitar and played and sang Someone Else's Song about 1500 times on my couch at home over the past few years. Last night I accompanied Jeff as he played it. I let him take the vocals. :)

A quick fist bump from Jeff before we got started, and a little bit of a mixup on capo placement, but then we were off. No words can describe what it felt like to stand next to him with a guitar in my hands. When he sang the opening words, I heard those words like I've never heard them before. Not through the mic/amp as I've heard it so many times before. But as a musician standing next to him on a stage. His voice startled me with its power. I can't describe it any other way. I kept focused though (somehow) because I knew this was being recorded. I tried to soak in as much of the moment as possible. One slight glitch at the end of the song that I dont know if anyone else noticed, and then the song ended, followed by (and maybe it was in my mind) an eruption of cheers that startled me back into reality. A quick gratuitous bow, another fist bump and quick hug with Jeff, and then me and my trusty guitar headed back to my seat. I don't remember if my feet touched the ground on the way back.

I can't thank everyone enough -- Erin and the Colemans for hosting, Wendy/Edie for pulling this off, John and Jenny, Skyflynn/Kevin and Amy, Jules and Jenna, Neil, Tweedling, Warner, and everyone else -- too many to mention -- whose kind words and encouragement gave me the guts to ask Jeff if he wouldn't mind a partner for Someone Else's Song. Thanks to John and Melissa and Brian for the beautiful souvenirs. I hope I am getting everyone's names right. Last night was a whirlwind. Of course, thanks to my wonderful wife, who promised me that I could pull it off. And who was probably as nervous as I was while she snapped pics and tried to get some video on our camera. :lol

I will post something soon about the rest of the night (sorry to be so narcissistic :) ). We had a long trip back and I need to go take a nap. But while I am still on a high, I wanted to get as much down about that moment last night as possible. I am desperately trying to hang on to every second, every moment. I don't want any of it to fade.

Thanks Sue. Thanks Jeff.

--Matt

yaaaaaaay MATT!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures from Morgan's party and the show. (new camera - still learning it - some blurry pics)

Thank you Morgan, Erin, and Wendy and Edie.

I had as much fun this weekend as I've ever had. You all are so great! Thank you.

I thought Jeff was much more comfortable with us than last year. It was as if he was one of us. The humor, back and forth, was like in-family.

The setlist was amazing, with first-time solo versions of Radio Cure, Hummingbird, All The Same To Me and One True Vine. Goddamn!

Mountain Bed and Family Gardener were stirring. I'm Always In Love with Neil and Someone Else's Song with Matt were pure pleasure. Thanks guys.

The best part though, as always, was meeting new friends and again spending time with old friends, and feeling lots of love. We are so fortunate that this person has brought us to this place.

Pictures from Morgan's party and the show. (new camera - still learning it - some blurry pics)

Thank you Morgan, Erin, and Wendy and Edie.

I had as much fun this weekend as I've ever had. You all are so great! Thank you.

I thought Jeff was much more comfortable with us than last year. It was as if he was one of us. The humor, back and forth, was like in-family.

The setlist was amazing, with first-time solo versions of Radio Cure, Hummingbird, All The Same To Me and One True Vine. Goddamn!

Mountain Bed and Family Gardener were stirring. I'm Always In Love with Neil and Someone Else's Song with Matt were pure pleasure. Thanks guys.

The best part though, as always, was meeting new friends and again spending time with old friends, and feeling lots of love. We are so fortunate that this person has brought us to this place.

Dude!

Those pics are Dyanamite!

You gotta say it like Jimmy Walker

There are some beutiful people there!

nice man

It was good to see you again, and I'm looking forward to our next meeting.

Dude!

Those pics are Dyanamite!

You gotta say it like Jimmy Walker

There are some beutiful people there!

nice man

It was good to see you again, and I'm looking forward to our next meeting.

Dude! YOU are Dye-no-mite! Missed you Saturday. How's the guitar look? It was amazing when he asked if there was another guitar he should play on Love And Mercy!

Dude! YOU are Dye-no-mite! Missed you Saturday. How's the guitar look? It was amazing when he asked if there was another guitar he should play on Love And Mercy!

I'll never wash that guitar again!

It looks great!

I realy didn't think he'd play it...how cool is that dude?

Or does cool scratch the surface?

true

http://wilcobase.com/song.php?song_key=168

Notice the pillows for guitar stands :lol

Did he not have stands? Or did he prefer pillows? Tamala (she didn't know) had a stand in her car, as well as a tuner and strap in my guitar case...oh well.

2393413551_4917dec755.jpg

Is this the bit where JT had to run the gauntlet down the hall while you thumped him in the ribs? I heard you missed a trick - someone in the middle should always trip the runner up, then you can get a few kicks in at the liver.

P.S. Thanks for posting etc. :thumbup

Is this the bit where JT had to run the gauntlet down the hall while you thumped him in the ribs? I heard you missed a trick - someone in the middle should always trip the runner up, then you can get a few kicks in at the liver.

P.S. Thanks for posting etc. :thumbup

ARRRRRRRRGGG!

Is that a Fat Tire in Kevin's hand?

OH man!

What a party!

Leo, you may have found a new career! Beautiful portraits.

Everyone, thank you for sharing your stories and pictures. :wub

(Oh and PS. Thank you to you and Bryan. Nice tag team work on Muzzle. And perfect timing. I'm assuming you got my message, on your machine :lol :cheekkiss :cheekkiss )