Letters To Santa Living Room Show April 5, 2008

Nice photos, Leo! What a way to bring in the new year for you, eh? (You did have a birthday recently, yes?)

It's good to live vicariously through your lens.

kevin

Hey Kevin! Yes, a great way to begin the next 50 years.

You should accompany Melissa on the next one! Vicarious is so . . . vicarious.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice photos, Leo! What a way to bring in the new year for you, eh? (You did have a birthday recently, yes?)

It's good to live vicariously through your lens.

kevin

Dude I didn't get to the show, but it would have been good to see your Jay Farrar ass at the pre party on friday!

:lol

Great to see so many familair faces in those photos. Sounds like a wonderful, wonderful time was had by all. Looking forward to running into some of you somewhere this summer, Greg

Great to see so many familair faces in those photos. Sounds like a wonderful, wonderful time was had by all. Looking forward to running into some of you somewhere this summer, Greg

Hey man! it would have been good to see your butt there too.

Either of you (you or kevin) goin to St. Louis?

Hey man! it would have been good to see your butt there too.

Either of you (you or kevin) goin to St. Louis?

As tempting as it is, I'm just not financially able to right now. I'm still holding out hope for some east coast love this summer.

alright, i am god awful at editing and am not very familiar with this new editing program im using, so forgive me for the ones that are still dark..

276194440_j97Wx-M.jpg

"Has that been there the whole time..?"

276187204_aHqUc-M.jpg

"That is SO not on the list.."

276183259_mkWih-M.jpg 276183418_zABoa-M.jpg

he had to have realized these were going to make it to the internet..(sorry jeff)

276198040_htwqG-M.jpg

The rest are here!

Apparently he missed my earlier post when I suggested these

bru_half_1.jpg

Do those come in men's sizes? :brow

Oh MAN am I jealous of you folks now! Not that I wasn't before, but after seeing these pics (especially Morgan's - those were fantastic!) I really got a sense of what it was like. Amazing!

Matt - your description of playing with Jeff was wonderfully heartfelt. Thanks for that!

Oh, and Jeff - since you apparantly check in here - please don't schedule the LA show for 8/16. My 40th birthday party will be then, but if you do schedule the show for, say, 8/15 or 8/17 and have an extra day in town, you and the rest of the band are more than welcome to come! :D

Fantastic pictures and stories folks. Looks like an incredible evening was had by all.

What amazing photos. from leo, morgan - everyone. Must have been a most memorable weekend - have to change the all time list of Best events in your life:

1. sitting in the living with a few phenomenal freiends having personal show put on by JT

2. res shows

3. birth of child

I don't know though - I might have to push the kid down one more notch and add in the shows they did at the Aud Theater back to back.....

Laurie

You spend your life growing up and listening to music. Standing in front of mirrors using a hairbrush as a mic. Using Dad's tennis racket as a guitar. Imagining what it would be like to be on stage with the musicians that affirm life for you. And then, in a suburb somewhere north of O'Hare in Chicago, 25 years after you first put a tonearm down on a record, a childhood dream comes true.

I've sat with my guitar and played and sang Someone Else's Song about 1500 times on my couch at home over the past few years. Last night I accompanied Jeff as he played it. I let him take the vocals. :)

A quick fist bump from Jeff before we got started, and a little bit of a mixup on capo placement, but then we were off. No words can describe what it felt like to stand next to him with a guitar in my hands. When he sang the opening words, I heard those words like I've never heard them before. Not through the mic/amp as I've heard it so many times before. But as a musician standing next to him on a stage. His voice startled me with its power. I can't describe it any other way. I kept focused though (somehow) because I knew this was being recorded. I tried to soak in as much of the moment as possible. One slight glitch at the end of the song that I dont know if anyone else noticed, and then the song ended, followed by (and maybe it was in my mind) an eruption of cheers that startled me back into reality. A quick gratuitous bow, another fist bump and quick hug with Jeff, and then me and my trusty guitar headed back to my seat. I don't remember if my feet touched the ground on the way back.

I can't thank everyone enough -- Erin and the Colemans for hosting, Wendy/Edie for pulling this off, John and Jenny, Skyflynn/Kevin and Amy, Jules and Jenna, Neil, Tweedling, Warner, and everyone else -- too many to mention -- whose kind words and encouragement gave me the guts to ask Jeff if he wouldn't mind a partner for Someone Else's Song. Thanks to John and Melissa and Brian for the beautiful souvenirs. I hope I am getting everyone's names right. Last night was a whirlwind. Of course, thanks to my wonderful wife, who promised me that I could pull it off. And who was probably as nervous as I was while she snapped pics and tried to get some video on our camera. :lol

I will post something soon about the rest of the night (sorry to be so narcissistic :) ). We had a long trip back and I need to go take a nap. But while I am still on a high, I wanted to get as much down about that moment last night as possible. I am desperately trying to hang on to every second, every moment. I don't want any of it to fade.

Thanks Sue. Thanks Jeff.

--Matt

Great Post

275894305_DHxqw_S.jpg

Edie!!! :cheekkiss

Great pictures, everybody. The shots of Jeff dancing were when he was mimicking the New Zealanders. You can put those to good use, froggie :lol

phew! i just got home. i'm still trying to process it all. what an amazing night!!! i'll have to post more when i'm more awake and can fully comprehend it all. it was so great meeting everyone and sharing such an amazing experience together.

RADIO CURE!!!!

First off, lemme say Chicago is a great city. It's people are friendly, the food is exceptional and it's history is alive and well. :worship

A special thanks to all and especially Edie, Wendy, Erin and her wonderful parents for putting this all together. As well, Jeff & Sue for their dedication, sincerity and fantastic performance. The stories, photos and memories from last weekend so far have been wonderful! Being our first LRS, we were incredibly nervous. You folks made Debi and me feel right at home!

I was able to talk to Jeff in the Kitchen for a short time - which was surreal. :stunned He is a very funny guy, which he repeatedly proved throughout the evening. His exotic dances had me in stitches!!! Others personal favorites were Horse Intimidation, Trevor Panting, Harmonica Miss,

Jeff really knows how to get his fans going. How cool is it that this guy puts himself out there like he does for us? :wub

It made me smile to read your accounts and see pictures of the show. What a fabulous evening!