Letters To Santa Living Room Show April 5, 2008

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The generosity of Jeff and Y'all is great. If I am reading it correctly $60,000 was raised! Good job everyone! Great charity! :thumbup

Yes, and this was just from the LR shows. More money was raised at the actual event. While I wasn't there, I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't another $15K or so.

Jeff and Sue give us their time, energy and his musical talent (and the funnies, which is almost the best part) to bring a fabulous show to those fortunate enough to be there. Hopefully there will be a kick-ass audio recording for those not there so they too can enjoy such a great evening.

Thanks again to Erin, Morgan (and their families) and of course Wendy for pulling this off -- and to US for donating our money to a great cause.

sorry, all--I'm back in the 13-14 hour/day mode and will be this whole week. If I get outta the office before 10 tonight I will try and post a real account.

Suffice it to say I'm not even remotely touching the earth yet. 5 songs and 15-20 minutes of conversation with Mr. Tweedy...

as great as getting to play with Jeff was, getting to meet each of you and enjoy that music in that basement with you is as great as music's ever been for me. Sincerest thanks to everyone who was around. I'll never forget it,

Neil

So much of this thread is just pure happiness. :wub

Sorry to hear that some folks couldn't make it, though. A couple of years ago, I had to miss a show at the last minute, but I was lucky enough to be kept in the loop. I hope you folks who couldn't be there were bombarded with calls throughout the evening. :cheekkiss

sorry, all--I'm back in the 13-14 hour/day mode and will be this whole week. If I get outta the office before 10 tonight I will try and post a real account.

Suffice it to say I'm not even remotely touching the earth yet. 5 songs and 15-20 minutes of conversation with Mr. Tweedy...

as great as getting to play with Jeff was, getting to meet each of you and enjoy that music in that basement with you is as great as music's ever been for me. Sincerest thanks to everyone who was around. I'll never forget it,

Neil

n1155513375_31460321_6492.jpg

This picture rules.

You're a fucking rock star, dude. :rock

I don't know if I could be more proud of our guy there. Well done Poon-ay-ho.

"I'm always in love" was definitely better than the first time you discover a trampoline as a kid. Fun and silly, loud and easy (I think I did, but I hope I shouted that one out to my wife, because she loves watching glenn on the IATTBYH dvd). I have to apologize to the recording when I couldn't help belting out "it's for you I swoon."

I think my favorite part was when we played the picking parts of pieholden suite together and it felt like we were right on top of each other. I'm guessing it didn't really sound that way, but it sure felt like it for a minute or two.

When we were in b/w tunes, and he looked down at me and said " do you know--you know all of 'em don't you?" I just about fell over. (of course I don't know them all, but why be disappinting?)

Watching him solo while I played rhythm to "handshake drugs" was surreal. I kept worrying I'd forget where we were in the song. But it just played out perfect. He is so giving and patient that the nervousness just crawls into a hole.

"Shot in the arm" was just unabashed joy. I honestly was somewhere else for much of that song, just staring up at jeff and trying to believe it was happening. I think I must have had the puppydog eyes the whole time we were playing, I guess we'll see when the video ever gets out.

To close it out with "ELT" was just too much. I had such an adreline high at that point that I was just playing as hard as I could and loving hearing all the voices in the room. "It's gonna, it's gonna"--you guys just hit it.

When it was all over and I stood up, trying not to cry my eyes out at the flush of emotions, to get another hug from jeff and to look around the room--i can't think of a happier moment.

I know that I flubbed all 5 songs at one point or another, but the way he included me will stay with me forever.

I also have to say that Mrs. Tweedy has a silent, mesmerizing beauty and collection of expressions I'll never forget. It is very easy to see why he's with her.

I'll believe it really happened when I see the video. For now I'm just enjoying the dreams in my head and being thankful for all the private moments I was able to spend with so many of you.

Most of all I have to say thank you to Edie and Wendy, thank you for letting me be there

And to Wendy and Molly: could we have had a cooler Sunday?!

Cheers to all my new friends and the color of that night. It was something so special

Watching him solo while I played rhythm to "handshake drugs" was surreal. I kept worrying I'd forget where we were in the song. But it just played out perfect. He is so giving and patient that the nervousness just crawls into a hole.

That song was great!!! Thanks for providing support for Jeff's solo :thumbup

I'm sure Jeff was delighted to have accompaniment for him to solo. I can't wait to hear him play that kind of a solo on acoustic. Sounds like you did great... Nice job. I'd give my left nut to be in your shoes. :thumbup

I'd give my left nut to be in your shoes. :thumbup

While I'm sure the charity would appreciate your generosity, I think they would prefer a cash donation.

Finally back in KY. I'm gonna go try to run off some of that great Chicago food I've been wallowing in.

Guest Jules
Finally back in KY. I'm gonna go try to run off some of that great Chicago food I've been wallowing in.

Did you make it to any good galleries while still in Chicago?

n1155513375_31460298_7688.jpg

We had a real good talk, Kevin and me. I definitely would never ever want to play poker with him, however! :pirate

And we missed you, BobChris. Your absence left a little hole in the night. Seriously.

More vibes for the Clouds family. There'll be another summit and we'll see you at it. :cheers

It's a shame Kevin has no knack for sarcasm

Are you being sarcastic?

I never know what people really mean anymore....