Letters To Santa Living Room Show April 5, 2008

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And we missed you, BobChris. Your absence left a little hole in the night. Seriously.

I'll bet it just wasn't the same without me sitting next to you cracking terrible jokes while Jeff tried to play

I just love going through everyone's photos.

For instance, have two cooler people ever been captured in a photo together?

n1155513375_31460298_7688.jpg

The biggest problem with making a lot of great friends at VC is missing a lot of great VC friends! Kevin & Johnny, hugs to you both! Hugs to everybody else who thinks I might mean them, because I do! So many people to miss, scattered across so many miles.

I'm looking for the set list for the last time the living room show was at the Coleman's. I can't seem to track down the thread about it by doing a search - did he do 2 LRshows in '07?

Because this comes up a lot, I'm going to just start posting this list in every thread. :P

1/29/05

1/14/06

4/8/06

(there was one more in 2006, wasn't there? I can't find the thread...)

2/17/07

2/24/07

3/3/07

1/12/08

And here's the sad story on the lost thread for that third 2006 show (which I took some time to figure out the last time I went looking for these):

The archives cut off in December 2005, and the stuff saved here seems to start up again in April 2006. So the 1/14 show from that year is still there, because somebody posted in that thread again in April, but anything that existed just between 12/7/05 and 4/7/06 is gone. :ohwell

Here's the link to the setlist on wilcobase, though.

I just realized that I played an e minor instead of a g towards the end of "pieholden suite"

i'm sorry I ruined the evening for everyone

:ohwell

Uuuuuuummmmmmm, our enjoyment did not rest on your chords during "Pieholden." :thumbup :yay But sorry if it bugs you. I'm pretty sure everyone else was adequately distracted. :ninja Delete your post and no one will know any better! :)

A letter of sorts:

Okay, so since last thursday, I have been home for a total of 3 hours. Needless to say, haven't had much time to read/post in this thread. Now that I'm caught up, I want to say this:

I had a great time. It was probably the most perfect weekend I've ever had. The weather, the parties, the people, the actual show, seeing Glenn's concert, the food, just everything. I was really glad to meet everyone I hadn't before, and it's always great to see old friends. Coming away from the experience, I feel lucky to be a part of a community that is so loving and generous. I also think that we are lucky to have Jeff and his wife, not only as fans of Wilco, but as people that live in this world. They have been so gracious to us and to the various causes/benefits that they support. Just wow.

I want to sincerely thank all of you who were involved this past weekend. It was an experience I'll never forget and something truly inspiring(Maybe my stupid grin in a bunch of those photos is proof, but I'd thought I'd share in words, too).

Much love to all of you,

Bryan

P.S. Hummingbird-holy crap. Thanks Jeff.

A letter of sorts:

Okay, so since last thursday, I have been home for a total of 3 hours. Needless to say, haven't had much time to read/post in this thread. Now that I'm caught up, I want to say this:

I had a great time. It was probably the most perfect weekend I've ever had. The weather, the parties, the people, the actual show, seeing Glenn's concert, the food, just everything. I was really glad to meet everyone I hadn't before, and it's always great to see old friends. Coming away from the experience, I feel lucky to be a part of a community that is so loving and generous. I also think that we are lucky to have Jeff and his wife, not only as fans of Wilco, but as people that live in this world. They have been so gracious to us and to the various causes/benefits that they support. Just wow.

I want to sincerely thank all of you who were involved this past weekend. It was an experience I'll never forget and something truly inspiring(Maybe my stupid grin in a bunch of those photos is proof, but I'd thought I'd share in words, too).

Much love to all of you,

Bryan

P.S. Hummingbird-holy crap. Thanks Jeff.

Dude!

'1111630']

DUDE!

[/size]

DUDE!

Dude!
DUDE!
[/size]

DUDE!

You've all got me confused with that other guy. My name is BRY-AN, not KEV-IN.

Haha, I kid.

If those all meant what I think they did, then back at you. All of you.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

Because this comes up a lot, I'm going to just start posting this list in every thread. :P

1/14/06

4/8/06

(there was one more in 2006, wasn't there? I can't find the thread...)

That would have been the first Wilco Ensemble show 1/28/06 :crybaby

I can't believe we didn't revive this thread after April, '06 :frusty It's a consequece of our own inattention to these boards. The total number of posts by the entire Wilco Ensemble are one/one billionth of those of Atticus Poongoogler. :blush (no offense, A.P.)

I still can't believe it's true. Maybe somebody can find something, somewhere that this thread was preserved :pray

That would have been the first Wilco Ensemble show 1/28/06 :crybaby

I can't believe we didn't revive this thread after April, '06 :frusty It's a consequece of our own inattention to these boards. The total number of posts by the entire Wilco Ensemble are one/one billionth of those of Atticus Poongoogler. :blush (no offense, A.P.)

I still can't believe it's true. Maybe somebody can find something, somewhere that this thread was preserved :pray

What about the Way-Back Machine for web sites?

But I don't know how that works. :hmm

Anyone?

Yes, it's not everyday that one sees a Cat Stevens impersonator and a Dr. Smith impersonator together.

I don't care who you are, that's funny shit right there.

:cheers :rock

Mike - thanks for the links ... I can't get it to work for http://forums.viachicago.org because it won't let me log in no matter what I key in. Same with http://viachicago.org

So, someone smarter on this stuff than me might try to rescue that thread for Ken, :cheekkiss