Jeff Tweedy Hotel SnS April 12, 2008

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sorry, sorry!   so glad you finally got your song, alison! it was indeed another wonderful and unique evening, and thanks to jeff and susan (and everyone who contributed to the kickass potluck and,

Posted Images

Any information about a recording will be updated in this thread.

For now, please enjoy a photo of Kermit surveying the scene:

2415699774_380060a32d.jpg

Is that THE Kermit?????

Jeff Tweedy thought the same thing. He said it couldn't be done, but Mart did it!

No word on the recording yet, but I'm guessing that song, at least, will leak out at some point. :monkey

Jeff appeared to think the same.

2416903306_81d021b906.jpg

:yay :rotfl :rotfl

this is the first time i've been able to read the board since last weekend: all these posts have brought the memories flooding back!

what a rollicking, gorgeous, delicious night!

"YOU CAN FEEEEEL IT ALLL OOOOOOOOO-VER!" :dancing :dancing

thanks for all the terrific pix, you all! think i'm gonna look at them all again.

for the record: SOOZ'S MAPLE BACON WILL SET YOU FREE! :worship :love

and re: teh recording: word on the street is that it is going through the de-noising, indexing phase. our recording maven has a day job, alas, so we must be patient for the "release." :cheers

I totally would have ... crashed Hotel S&S if I had known cool potholders were involved!!!!!!!!!!

"niche market"

:lol

thanks everyone for the enthusiastic response to these! i was a little worried that they wouldn't go over so well. who knew?!

The opening words to the night can't leave my head, and it pretty much sums up my 2008 Basement Show experience:

"Woke up this mornin' feelin' fine

There's somethin' special on my mind..."

:love perfect!

Fantastic version of Sir Duke! :worship

sounds GREAT allison!

for the record: playing off the cpu -> stereo 1/4"->mackie 16 ch -> big fat event speakers in my edit bay :rock

boy, the joy is just pouring out of this!!

and mart's voice when he sings the word "pioneers" just slays!

-Sir Duke [stevie Wonder] (Martin Rivas on guitar and vocals; Jeff watching)

runs a little hot on my computer speakers but should be fine. if you're using OE, right click & save target as to d/l and listen.

I couldn't stop smiling while listening to that. :wub What a great performance and sing-along.

I am relatively new here and have been trying to figure out the backstory behind this show. Who are Dave and Martin? Is this a regular show? What is hotel SNS?

I loved the version of Sir Duke, are we ever going to be able to hear the rest of this show?

A couple of threads on the backstory for these shows:

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=32027

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=33582

And I've been posting and re-posting these links (about previous shows), just because I love to re-read these threads:

1/29/05

1/14/06

4/8/06

(there was one more in 2006, wasn't there? I can't find the thread...)

2/17/07

2/24/07

3/3/07

1/12/08

4/5/08

And here's the sad story on the lost thread for that third 2006 show (which I took some time to figure out the last time I went looking for these):

The archives cut off in December 2005, and the stuff saved here seems to start up again in April 2006. So the 1/14 show from that year is still there, because somebody posted in that thread again in April, but anything that existed just between 12/7/05 and 4/7/06 is gone. :ohwell

Here's the link to the setlist on wilcobase, though.

Oh, and Mart and Dave are Twisted Acres and MeDave here on VC, they were in the bidding group for this show.