news not so good for baroness:

The band members of Baroness and their crew are recovering from injuries sustained after their tour bus crashed outside of Bath, England early on Wednesday morning.

John Baizley has broken his left arm and left leg. Allen Blickle and Matt Maggioni each suffered fractured vertebrae. All three remain in the hospital as of this writing. Pete Adams has been treated and released from the hospital.

Three of the five crew members who were on the bus have also been treated and released. One member is still undergoing testing. The driver of the bus remains in critical condition.

Please stay tuned for further updates. Thank you for all the support during this extremely difficult time.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Electric Funeral is such a great song.

I guess they are doing Seventh Son - that was the last tape I bought of there's, Alice Cooper is opening up the Chicago date, but they are playing a venue that I don't care for, so I will probably won't go, plus I am not fond of that album.

Did you catch Adrian Smith on the Metal Show - it was ok. Eddie Trunk kinda annoys me, though - I don't watch it very often (i don't have the channel), but he never seems to get any of the questions right during the Stump the Trunk or whatever they call it.

I watch TMS every week. It might be about my favorite thing on TV.

• 2 weeks later...

matt pike's les paul was stolen last night...here's what it looks like if you happen to frequent pawn shops or ebay listings:

Details of the guitar:

1992 Les Paul Standard, tobacco burst finish.

Serial number 92462499.

Lace "Pike" signature pickups installed.

The 70's style strap has no strap locks, it's screwed directly to the guitar with fender washers.

The truss rod cover on the headstock is says "Jimmy" in script letters.

The SKB case has "pike" stenciled in 3" white old english letters on the lower left corner. There is a label on top that says "TEMPEST".

265980_465940010105531_1109190277_o.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's a shame - MS is brutal.

I just checked out the below from my library and I have been listening to in the car this week - my last Maiden tape I bought was Seventh Son - so I was not familiar with anything post 88. It's been fun blasting it on the car radio, though I enjoy their earlier stuff the best. Killers is probably my favorite. Also read that Iron Maiden is going to put out their own beer, soon.

220px-From_Fear_to_Eternity.jpg

A public library that has Iron Maiden cds? Mr. Burr would have got a laugh out of that - I bet.

:lol  They actual have The Final Frontier, too -- I decided to start with the greatest hits, first.

• 1 month later...

The first thing from the new Sabbath LP - "God Is Dead?". I enjoyed it quite a bit. The doom-laden riffage is in full force. Ain't nobody gonna tell me Tony hasn't still got his shit together. I was transported back to about 1975 for about 9 minutes there.

this is awesome...Mark Arm interviewing Buzz Ozbourne and vice versa

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/music/features/304651-grunge_golf_wedded_bliss_30_years_the_melvins

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/music/features/304650-death_theft_foureyed_freaks_25_years_mudhoney

Mark: Have you ever dabbled in the ‘Dark Arts,’ the Occult, Witchcraft, Blackface? Are your souls spoken for, or can we have them?
Buzz: Of course! I sold my soul to the devil decades ago and look how well it’s worked out! I’m at the pinnacle of success! The highest possible point of the rock’n’roll garbage heap! I love that occult shit. Himmler was deeply involved in all of that teenage black arts crap and it didn’t do him a bit of good. He went from chicken farmer to genocide to suicide in almost no time at all. Perfect. In reality though the best part about all that witchcraft, dark arts nonsense are the Goth chicks! Now you're talking! Listen babe, you can keep the thigh high leather stilettos and the rubber mini skirt but you have to shove that Anton LaVey book up your ass.

:lol