• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I read yesterday that Metallica is starting a re-issue campaign. So far all I saw listed was 150 dollar boxsets. I will be interested if they end up doing a 2 disc deal. And the sound is not brickwalled. All my Metallica is original vinyl pressings, or original cassettes. I think the only Metallica I have on cd is that 2 disc Garage Days release from many years ago. 

While we are it - is any of you live in a city where the Twisted Sister documentary is playing and happen to see it - I would love to hear about it. 

2/18/2016

Metal:

Iron Maiden Unveils Its Awesome Boeing 747 For 'Book of Souls' World Tour

Non-Metal:

Adele 'Cried Pretty Much All Day' After Pitchy Grammys Performance

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not a metal fan, but thought some of you would find these brave women interesting. I might be showing my lack of knowledge, but that young lady can slap the bass!

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/09/542238928/meet-voice-of-baceprot-the-all-girl-metal-band-making-waves-in-indonesia

Saw Metallica last night. They were epic. Show was a nice mix of old & new material. They know how to do a stadium show. The fireworks/pyro were impressive. I got to about 1 hard rock/metal show a year & this didn't disappoint. Much better than last year's G 'n R show (although Alice in Chains were mighy opening for them). Here's the setlist from last night:

HARDWIRED
ATLAS, RISE!
FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
THE MEMORY REMAINS
THE UNFORGIVEN
NOW THAT WE'RE DEAD
MOTH INTO FLAME
WHEREVER I MAY ROAM
HALO ON FIRE
WHIPLASH
SAD BUT TRUE
ONE
MASTER OF PUPPETS
FADE TO BLACK
SEEK AND DESTROY
ENCORE 1

BATTERY
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS
ENTER SANDMAN

The below fest seems up your alley tinnitus photography -- I will be heading down to the area for the eclipse with the family - but not heading to the fest. The whole Ozzy starting his show at the start of the eclipse with Bark at the Moon, sounds like it would be a hoot.

https://www.moonstock2017.com/

Also, for kicks, I am reading the below book -- very light on the actual music of Sabbath - which is disappointing - but for a rock bio, it's an ok read. Also read that Bruce Dickinson has an auto-bio coming out soon, too.

412pQ6tz%2BIL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

The below fest seems up your alley tinnitus photography -- I will be heading down to the area for the eclipse with the family - but not heading to the fest. The whole Ozzy starting his show at the start of the eclipse with Bark at the Moon, sounds like it would be a hoot.

https://www.moonstock2017.com/

Also, for kicks, I am reading the below book -- very light on the actual music of Sabbath - which is disappointing - but for a rock bio, it's an ok read. Also read that Bruce Dickinson has an auto-bio coming out soon, too.

412pQ6tz%2BIL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

Get these two:

Black Sabbath: Doom Let Loose: An Illustrated History

How Black Was Our Sabbath: An Unauthorized View from the Crew

Get these two:

Black Sabbath: Doom Let Loose: An Illustrated History

How Black Was Our Sabbath: An Unauthorized View from the Crew

I Am Ozzy is a great read. wasn't all that excited about Iommi's book.

Guess it would be cool to take pic's during the eclipse show, too.

definitely. unfortunately i'll be on a plane heading east so i'll miss it. 

I don't care for Ozzy or Tony's book. 

Those two Sabbath books I mentioned are great. 

I didn't care much for those two, either. But thanks for the heads up on the others.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was outside the venue when some of those songs were recorded. We couldn't get tickets to the show. And I am pretty sure I bought the tape at a record store around there somewhere (Long Beach).

Was the lot similar to the Judas Priest lot documentary - forgot the name of it. Must have been a trip.

Wish I would have seen a Maiden show during the 80's.

I was still buying records back then --- hard to beat a Maiden gate-fold.