• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Metal Show (VH1 Classic.com)

You can watch whole episodes of this show online. It is hosted by Eddie Trunk, Jim Florentine, and Don Jamieson. I guess the format is borrowed from one of those ESPN sports shows. I wonder why they did not get Jim Breuer as a host. One of the episodes features Yngwie Malmsteen, who I met once, outside KNAC in Long Beach, CA., sometime in 1985.

That Metal Show (VH1 Classic.com)

You can watch whole episodes of this show online. It is hosted by Eddie Trunk, Jim Florentine, and Don Jamieson. I guess the format is borrowed from one of those ESPN sports shows. I wonder why they did not get Jim Breuer as a host. One of the episodes features Yngwie Malmsteen, who I met once, outside KNAC in Long Beach, CA., sometime in 1985.

because he sucks, and the guys they got do a fantastic job.

Did you happen to unleash the fucking fury?

He was just an emerging metal deity talking to a bunch of local street kids and metal head military dudes that day. Headbangers Ball was back on MTV 2. I don't know if it is now, as MTV 2 is gone from the channel line-up here where I live. Of course, from what I saw of it it was pretty much all that Nu Metal shit.

It still is I see:

Starting with the January 13, 2007 episode, Headbangers Ball is simply a block of heavy metal music videos with no VJ segments or artist interviews, as at that time MTV2 was in the process of firing its production staff, thus removing all VJs from its music video shows. However, the June 23, 2007 episode went behind the scenes of the induction of the late Pantera guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott at the Hollywood Walk of Fame, including segments covering the event in between music videos. Also, brief interview segments still frequently air before and after commercial breaks, typically re-airing on several consecutive episodes for a long period.

As of April 14, 2007, MTV2 has moved the show to the 11 pm-1 am ET time slot to make room for its Rock Block music video program, which is more oriented towards alternative rock and hard rock in contrast with Headbangers Ball, to air at 10:00 P.M. Headbangers Ball is replayed on MTV2 early Tuesday mornings from 4:00 to 6:00 A.M.

By early 2008, Headbangers Ball had clearly become a lower priority program. While new episodes still air, it has, on occasion, been pushed several hours into early Sunday morning or simply not aired at all. Assuming its schedule would instead be years-old reruns of shows such as Jackass and Viva La Bam.Saturday mornings at 2am.

I remember when Kevin Seal and then, Adam Curry, hosted it.

In a lot of ways, I prefer the first two albums/Paul Di'Anno over the rest of their work.

I'm the same way I prefer his vocals, the music and the lyrics are more raw and listenable. After he left I tried Number of the beast and it had a couple of numbers I liked but it seemed more like product to me than the first two (and Maiden Japan) did. Of course nowadays it Maiden seems almost comical compared to bands like Slayer.

I'm the same way I prefer his vocals, the music and the lyrics are more raw and listenable. After he left I tried Number of the beast and it had a couple of numbers I liked but it seemed more like product to me than the first two (and Maiden Japan) did. Of course nowadays it Maiden seems almost comical compared to bands like Slayer.

I like Bruce Bruce (ha ha) - the last album was good I thought. This last tour they did was quite successful from what I have read. I never cared for Slayer, or any so-called thrash, except for Anthrax (although, they sort of lost me with all those comic book and movie themed songs).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just watched the Ace Frehley piece on that Metal show. I get the sense that he is probably contractually not allowed to diss Paul and Gene for carrying on with new members portraying him and Peter. He skirted around a question or two on the topic. I saw him with Frehley's Comet in '88 and I must say they were far better than Kiss in that same period.