Sabbath Volume 4 is enough for me to think of Ozzy as a legend.

I also still really love Blizzard of OZ and Diary of a Madman (plus all the other old Sabbath of course).

That movie looks great Llynn, thanks for the link.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link (Q.104.3 - NY radio station)

If you look around on the above page, there is a phone interview with Paul Stanley where he talks about making a new KISS album with actual tape machines, and no outside songwriters. I don't know if it something I would buy, but that is certainly a nice thing to hear.

Getting rid of Desmond Child's evil influence can only help but can't say I'm too excited about the news.

Well, I figure these days Ozzy is more known as a TV personality more so than a metal pioneer.

Ozzy is still a pioneer, only his pioneering day are over. I would say the first four Sababth albums and his first two solo albums plus a smattering of songs here and there make up his pioneering. And I guess you could say that he is pioneering bad tv now too. Without the osbournes do we get rock of love?

Ozzy is still a pioneer, only his pioneering day are over. I would say the first four Sababth albums and his first two solo albums plus a smattering of songs here and there make up his pioneering. And I guess you could say that he is pioneering bad tv now too. Without the osbournes do we get rock of love?

I think his last solo album tanked.

Osbournes' Variety Show A One-Shot on March 31

ByRoger Catlin

on March 5, 2009 12:16 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)

What I've seen of "The Osbournes: Reloaded" the impending variety show on Fox is pretty bad.

It's not about guests or entertainment as other variety shows have been. Jack Osbourne told me earlier this year that seeing Rosie O'Donnell's one-shot variety show in November steered them more toward an audience show with pranks and practical jokes (an awful lot of young men are talked into kissing elderly ladies).

At any rate, Fox has determined a premiere date: March 31, in the post "American Idol" slot. Depending on how it does that night, presumably, it will return "as a series of one-hour specials to air later in the season."

I always think it is funny that people think he wrote the songs in Black Sabbath, when it was actually Geezer who wrote almost all of the lyrics.

I think the last Ozzy album I heard all the way through was The Ultimate Sin. From what I have heard over the last few years, I'd say the dude can not sing anymore.

I am more interested in the Heaven and Hell (Sabbath with Dio) album that is coming out.

I always think it is funny that people think he wrote the songs in Black Sabbath, when it was actually Geezer who wrote almost all of the lyrics.

I think the last Ozzy album I heard all the way through was The Ultimate Sin. From what I have heard over the last few years, I'd say the dude can not sing anymore.

I am more interested in the Heaven and Hell (Sabbath with Dio) album that is coming out.

Ultimate Sin was really the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning. That album was decent but everything after has been crap. Would have been interesting had Randy Rhodes lived but he probably would have not lasted much longer in the band. Sounds like he was more into classical guitar.

What's the Heaven and Hell album? An expanded addition or remix or something?

New stuff:

February 28, 2009

The Devil You Know Track Listing

I just received an email from Rhino records with some news that you are going to want to hear. It contains the official track listing for the forthcoming album, "The Devil You Know", due April 28th. So without further adieu, here is the official track listing, premiered first on the Internet here at Black Sabbath Online...

1. Atom & Evil

2. Fear

3. Bible Black

4. Double the Pain

5. Rock & Roll Angel

6. The Turn of the Screw

7. Eating the Cannibals

8. Follow the Tears

9. Neverwhere

10. Breaking into Heaven

Ten tracks. The first new full studio album by the Sabs (yeah, yeah, it's Heaven & Hell, whatever) since 1995. Guys, it's long overdue. I have not received any sort of advance CD yet, when I will, I'll have something to say about the tracks. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! :)

Additionally, the artwork is not out yet. Which reminds me.. You need to check out the cover art contest I posted about a little while back. That contest runs until the band releases the official cover art. So if you haven't entered, (or didn't know about it), check it out here.

I did inquire about the writing status, and was told that Ronnie wrote all the lyrics for the album. That's always a question when he and Geezer are in the band at the same time. Hopefully Geezer is saving up some lyrics for a new GZR album after the tour for Devil You Know is over.

February 10, 2009

The New Album is dated and named! [ UPDATED ]

I'll just get right to it, since you don't want to her me run on..

The name of the new Black Sabbath album is "The Devil You Know". It is supposed to be released on April 28th from Rhino records.

I picked up this news this morning from this story over at the Billboard.com website (via a link from Blabbermouth). I'm attempting to independently confirm this news with my own contacts in the band. If anything changes or I have more information, I'll report back. A couple of big unknowns still.

1. Who is playing keyboards? Probably Scott Warren, but I can't get anyone to say.

2. What's the cover art look like?

Here are the known track titles:

* Rock 'N' Roll Angel (formerly called Rock & Roll Jesus, apparently)

* Neverwhere

* Breaking into Heaven (described as a "slice of sloth-like majesty)

* Bible Black

* Double Pain

* Atom & Evil

* Eating the Cannibals

As I said above, I've queried my friends at Rhino, and my connections in the band to verify this - I'll report back when I have something to add.

UPDATE: I heard back from my contact at Rhino who confirms that this is indeed the name of the album, and the Apr 28th date is valid. So that's all solid news. I was also told I'd be receiving a proper press release about the new album later in the day - so look for that when I get it.

Posted by Joe Siegler at 11:04 AM

Heaven & Hell Feeling Devilish On New Album

Ronnie James Dio

February 10, 2009 10:40 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Heaven And Hell, the band featuring the post-Ozzy Osbourne members of Black Sabbath, will release its first album under that name, "The Devil You Know," April 28 on Rhino.

The set is Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice's first studio release since the 1992 Sabbath album "Dehumanizer," and was preceded by three new songs on the recent compilation "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years."

Song titles include "Bible Black," "Rock & Roll Angel," "Breaking Into Heaven," "Atom & Evil" and "Eating the Cannibals."

Iommi told Billboard last summer that "it really is Black Sabbath, whatever we do," but said the artists had chosen to tour as Heaven And Hell "so everyone knows what they're getting [and] so people won't expect to hear 'Iron Man' and all those songs. We've done them for so many years, it's nice to do just all the stuff with did with Ronnie again."

i just spent last weekend w/ a ton of metal bands...the Scion Rock Fest was an unmitigated success. though probably my favorite current metal band (Electric Wizard) wasn't on the bill...

full galleries:

http://www.prefixmag.com/photos/scion-rock...atlanta-photos/

http://www.prefixmag.com/photos/scion-rock-fest-atlanta/

some larger shots...(and more on my site)

Pig Destroyer:

p793330814-4.jpg

Trash Talk:

p966096988-4.jpg

High On Fire:

p152666692-4.jpg

1349:

p602283893-4.jpg

Mastodon:

p543359674-4.jpg

i just spent last weekend w/ a ton of metal bands...the Scion Rock Fest was an unmitigated success. though probably my favorite current metal band (Electric Wizard) wasn't on the bill...

full galleries:

http://www.prefixmag.com/photos/scion-rock...atlanta-photos/

http://www.prefixmag.com/photos/scion-rock-fest-atlanta/

some larger shots...(and more on my site)

Pig Destroyer:

p793330814-4.jpg

Trash Talk:

p966096988-4.jpg

High On Fire:

p152666692-4.jpg

1349:

p602283893-4.jpg

Mastodon:

p543359674-4.jpg

GREAT Pics man!

I was at that show too and it really was one of the best shows i've ever seen. A great sucess.

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose he can't to be honest but what age is he? He must be 60 or over at this stage isn't he? I would be thankful to have a voice like that at his age! How it will hold up in the gig atmosphere is kind of worrying though. I haven't heard the album at all but that song is kinda cool.

I have read they were in the studio working on new songs with Ozzy and Bill more than once, but nothing ever came from it. Bill Ward is a hell of a drummer, but he never gets any recognition.

I think Tony regrets this is out there, but it is funny. Listen to the words Ozzy sings:

Black Sabbath - Blue Suede Shoes

NIB (from the Paris 70 boot)