A Thread for Musical Blasphemy you Truly Believe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The British never had any business playing the blues. They should have left it to the Yanks.

As much as I love The Band, I have my grievances:

1. The Last Waltz is pretty lame. NEIL DIAMOND??? WTF??? Also. Eric Clapton, Muddy Waters, and Bob Dylan could have been left off.

2. Robbie Robertson, despite being my favorite rock guitarist, is a douchebag.

3. I don't like "Chest Fever" or "Rag Mama Rag".

I guess that's all I can say. They're still the best rock and roll band ever. They're even better than the Beatles.

they were a better Rock N' Roll band, especially live, but they were so not better songwriters

that's one thing that amazes me about the Beatles, is while i think they're the best Rock band of all time, is that they rarely played live and even those live shows they did play never really garnered amazing reviews.

You keep saying this, but that doesn't make it so.

Said Galileo to the Inquisition. :shifty

they were a better Rock N' Roll band, especially live, but they were so not better songwriters

that's one thing that amazes me about the Beatles, is while i think they're the best Rock band of all time, is that they rarely played live and even those live shows they did play never really garnered amazing reviews.

The Beatles were a pretty terrific little rock and roll band. No stand out guitar players, but Paul's bass playing matches up with anyone, and Ringo was a brilliant drummer.

That's my blasphemy. Ringo wasn't just a "good drummer for the Beatles." He would've been a great drummer for any band. He was an absolutely incredible musician behind the kit.

I can't think of a single current British band that interests me.

probably more a reflection of the person who says such a thing rather than the British.

Most 90-95 Seattle type music is unlistenable.

Grant Hart looks like a grandmother new to Lesbianism. Yet he still outclasses Bob Mould by a factor of ten in all respects.

Most of the participants in this forum will never get rap music. If they admit this, they should just really stop trying, but more importantly stop talking about it.

The Greatful Dead did more for concert acoustics than they ever did for actual music.

Most of the participants in this forum will never get rap music. If they admit this, they should just really stop trying, but more importantly stop talking about it.

And, do tell, why this is. I'm sure your reasoning for this is just fascinating and insightful.

Something about being white, or not being "from there," right?

It is my firm opinion that this thread should stick to blaspheme and not fighting about the blaspheme.

That said, here goes:

Any so-called punk or hardcore that doesn't sound like it was recorded on a boombox in a basement is neither punk nor hardcore.

Both Ryan Adams and Ani DeFranco put out too many albums for any one of them to be any more than 20 percent good.

Anyone who really likes Tori Amos obviously hasn't heard Kate Bush.

Starting in about 1977 or so, the Ramones totally mailed it in live.

If white people didn't like hip hop, there would be little to no hip hop.

The Beatles were a pretty terrific little rock and roll band. No stand out guitar players,

Harrison was a kickass guitarist. Very understated, tasteful and soulful. Kind of like Robbie Robertson. :P

I'm being totally serious, though. George Harrison was a killer guitarist.

Harrison was a very good guitarist, and I love his stuff, but he couldn't blow you away like a Jimi Hendrix, or a Clapton. If anyone was good for the Beatles, it was George not Ringo. George was able to add texture and subtlety instead of having to play ripping leads or carry a song. He never could carry a song with his playing.

I think that there are times when you can discuss things without fighting.

To me, that's not what this thread is about. It's about dropping your bomb and letting it explode, and other people should just deal with it.

But I don't make the rules. Go ahead and question everyone else's blasphemy if you must. I just think you're missing the whole point.

It is my firm opinion that this thread should stick to blaspheme and not fighting about the blaspheme.

I agree 100%. Nearly every post has the potential to start up some shit.

That being said, here's the greatest things to ever happen to mankind (in order)

1) The Grateful Dead

2) Invention of fire/the wheel (your choice)

3) Sliced bread

To me, that's not what this thread is about. It's about dropping your bomb and letting it explode, and other people should just deal with it.

But I don't make the rules. Go ahead and question everyone else's blasphemy if you must. I just think you're missing the whole point.

There's a difference in my eyes between thinking something about a band, and thinking something about a whole group of people's taste in music or their abilities to enjoy a type of music. I don't have a problem with someone disliking hip hop, but if someone is going to tell me I don't get hip hop, I'd like to know what I'm missing.

"Don't Pass Me By" is a better song than anything Lennon released as a solo artist with the exception of "Watching The Wheels" and "Mother".

Also, In my life, I've probably listened to Blink 182 at least as much as I've listened to Bob Dylan, probably more.

This.............

Also, In my life, I've probably listened to Blink 182 at least as much as I've listened to Bob Dylan, probably more.

.............explains this.

Harrison..... He never could carry a song with his playing.

Ok, so you don't like Eric Clapton. I think he's a pretty incredible guitarist, and I think his work on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" outclasses everything Harrison did with the Beatles.

"Don't Pass Me By" is a better song than anything Lennon released as a solo artist with the exception of "Watching The Wheels" and "Mother".