A Thread for Musical Blasphemy you Truly Believe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.............

.............explains this.

None of those things has anything to do with Blink 182 or Bob Dylan, so it doesn't explain anything, really.

I'm just gonna put all my blasphemes out here.

Dookie by Green Day is a top 10 record of the 90's.

I'd rather listen to Paul McCartney than Dylan or Lennon anyday.

The Blue Album by Weezer is a top 10 record of the 90's and Pinkerton is even better. Pinkerton is at least as good as any Wilco album not called Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

"Thrash Unreal" by Against Me! is the best song of 2007.

Kanye West has released 2 classic albums, and neither is Graduation.

In the context of it's creation, with Nas being 19 and unknown at the time, Illmatic is a work of genius on par with anything Bob Dylan did. That album is brilliant, but even more so when you think of how assured and confident he is at such a young age, and how open his eyes were.

"Midnight Train To Georgia" is the greatest song to come out of the disco era.

There are more of these to come. I have lots of opinions that differ very dramatically from most of this board's.

- Steve Earle is a much better songwriter than Townes Van Zandt.

- My Morning Jacket is the most overrated band of the millenium.

- I would rather lose my collection of Wilco albums than my collection of Kanye West albums. OK well maybe not including AM...

- The two best Counting Crows albums are better than the two best Shins albums.

- Bob Dylan is NOT overrated, at all.

i enjoy the first two nelly furtado albums more than 100% of the hipster indie pap championed by pitchforkmedia, and my disappointment with her third album transformation to kirkland signature skanky mtv chick was as great or greater than any folk purist's disappointment with dylan in '65.

i enjoy the first two nelly furtado albums more than 100% of the hipster indie pap championed by pitchforkmedia, and my disappointment with her third album transformation to kirkland signature skanky mtv chick was as great or greater than any folk purist's disappointment with dylan in '65.

HerbertLom1.jpeg

:thumbup

i kissed her on the cheek on November 18, 2001 (heehee)

clapton was not God.

Grateful dead in the early 70s is not that great

Grateful dead from 91-end was completely unlistenable.

Velvet Underground Suck...

all early pink floyd is bad, before meddle (gilmour era pink floyd is excellent)

punk rock and hip hop are totally annoying and should be done. unfortunately, they have permeated everything, but, unlike disco, they are not going away!!

sgt pepper is complete novelty and cheese.

i love america and the eagles!

There's a double album's worth of material on Sandinista! that is far better than London Calling (you just have to sort it out or yourself).

My Morning Jacket's songs are too long.

Any music or band, regardless of genre (especially jazz), who's description would include the word "fusion", sucks.

they were a better Rock N' Roll band, especially live, but they were so not better songwriters

that's one thing that amazes me about the Beatles, is while i think they're the best Rock band of all time, is that they rarely played live and even those live shows they did play never really garnered amazing reviews.

Well, they sure kicked ass in Hamburg. After that, as Lennon famously said years later, they "got dressed in suits and it became a fucking job." :dontgetit

What was the point of playing when the amps they used couldn't go louder than the screams? hehe maybe that's why the Marshall stack was invented? But really, the whole Beatlemania thing is pretty bizarre, and to this day stands as a unique phenomenon in music. Maybe Brian Epstein was in cahoots with the CIA or something, experimenting with spraying hormones on the crowd.

There's a difference in my eyes between thinking something about a band, and thinking something about a whole group of people's taste in music or their abilities to enjoy a type of music. I don't have a problem with someone disliking hip hop, but if someone is going to tell me I don't get hip hop, I'd like to know what I'm missing.

I stand behind my comment.

The Blue Album by Weezer is a top 10 record of the 90's and Pinkerton is even better. Pinkerton is at least as good as any Wilco album not called Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

:yes