A Thread for Musical Blasphemy you Truly Believe

I think that there are times when you can discuss things without fighting.

Yeah..... but, um, these sound like fightin' words.

And, do tell, why this is. I'm sure your reasoning for this is just fascinating and insightful.

Something about being white, or not being "from there," right?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, that's not what this thread is about. It's about dropping your bomb and letting it explode, and other people should just deal with it.

But I don't make the rules. Go ahead and question everyone else's blasphemy if you must. I just think you're missing the whole point.

my thread + cryptique is right

post blasphemy

start another thread if you want to argue about it

(weird, but I think I agree with 95 percent of the stuff that's been posted in this thread)

Pink Floyd is the most boring band in history.

More good bands came out of the '90s than the '60s.

The best song of the '90s is "Mighty K.C." by For Squirrels.

If Aerosmith had called it quits after Draw the Line, they would be as highly thought of as Zeppelin.

Zeppelin was great, but enough already. I've heard them as much as I ever need to hear them.

One Hot Minute is better than Mother's Milk and Freaky Styley.

The work he's done with Wilco is the most boring stuff that Nels Cline has done.

"Sex Bomb" by Flipper is one of the best songs of the '80s.

Gorillaz and The Good, the Bad and the Queen are both better than Blur.

The best early '90s Seattle band was Screaming Trees.

That album that the Stooges put out last year is pretty good.

just going out to all the anti dylaners here, you like wilco and not dylan? howd that happen, but since this is just blasphemy without fear of arguments, ill just recomend him cause i say if your into wilco, you really are missing out! :D

Sweet. Before I discovered Wilco, Weezer was my favorite band.

Me too! And even for a while after I discovered Wilco.

Blaspheme:

"I know I should get next to you

You've got a look that made me think you're cool

But it's just sexual attraction

Not something real so I'd rather keep wackin'"

Is the cleverest verse in rock history. It makes me giggle every single time I hear it without fail.

Another blaspheme:

Fall Out Boy's last album has like 6 legitimately great songs, and their singer is one of my favorites right now.

Also, "Ugly Kids" by Canoe is the 2nd best song of 2008, after "Carolina Drama" by the Raconteurs.

Also, "Rosalita (come Out Tonight)" is the greatest rock song of all time.

I stand behind my comment.

i agree that the idea behind this thread is great, but you can post your blasphemy in here, no matter how crazy, without coming off like a total elitist jagoff too. sadly not everyone who has participated in this thread so far has been able to.

and that's all i have to say on that matter :thumbup

1) Battles. It's about as exciting and soulful as physics. Plus, I don't think 'innovative' is a suitable label for a band that sounds like a multi-speed RHCP karaoke with the munchkins from Wizard of Oz providing vocals.

2) RHCP: not one redeeming quality. Slap bass was outlawed after Level 42.

And, do tell, why this is. I'm sure your reasoning for this is just fascinating and insightful.

Something about being white, or not being "from there," right?

No.

Talking in generalities is probably the dumbest way to ever try to convey a point. Dissing a genre or what is going on a musically in a country of millions is the quickest way to ever lose an arguement.

that's one thing that amazes me about the Beatles, is while i think they're the best Rock band of all time, is that they rarely played live and even those live shows they did play never really garnered amazing reviews.

Hey solace -- it's hard to play live when you cant hear yourself... :)

It was mentioned here earlier, but I've been listening to a lot of Tweedy solo shows recently, and I gave Summerteeth and Mermaid Ave a spin this wkd.

Every song on both of those albums is better when it's just Jeff with a guitar. I hate production snobs and I never considered myself one, but the production on those two albums covers up what is best about those songs. Not sure if that's blasphmey, but I had a hard time getting through both albums. Gimme 3-4-05 and 3-5-05 at the Vic.

The best song of the '90s is "Mighty K.C." by For Squirrels.

If Aerosmith had called it quits after Draw the Line, they would be as highly thought of as Zeppelin.

Zeppelin was great, but enough already. I've heard them as much as I ever need to hear them.

The best early '90s Seattle band was Screaming Trees.

Okay, these are all totally true.

Also:

Syd Barrett going nuts and leaving the band was the best thing that ever happened to Pink Floyd.

The Bends is by far Radiohead's best album.

Abbey Road is a better album than Sgt. Pepper.

Bob Dylan hasn't written anything worth listening to in 30 years.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band is annoying, expcially when they share the microphone and do the back to back guitar thing, they all dance around like they are the kids at the high school dance that can't keep rhythm.

Van Morrison is easily the most boring musician still alive, Brown Eyed Girl infuriates me, as does Wild Nights

Phish, and the jamband scene as whole, including the surviving members of the Grateful Dead should have called it quits after the summer of 1998 for no other reason than to stop bands like Umphrey's McGee and Widespread Panic.

Jimmy Buffet sucks, Parrotheads are nothing more than yuppy Deadhead light that want to have the word "head" attached to something that they claim to have an interest in that makes them wild & zany.

Bob Dylan should only write songs and not sing them, and I love Bob Dylan.