10 Most Annoying Singers

Liam is way more annoying than Noel.

And that's saying something.

that IS saying something

Does any one know what the name is of the other singer for the Goo Goo Dolls? The one besides Rzeznik, who can'twrite hits. Yah he should totally be on that list.

Dennis DeYoung didn't sing "Too Much Time On My Hands".

Quoted for truth.

His vocal cords are a little strained from sucking his own wanker.

:yay

I agree forthwith with the list. And I hate the Gallaghers too...too bad they didn't make the list.

Personally I dig Sam Beam's voice. It's whispery, yes, but I mean, can you see The Creek Drank The Cradle in a Scott Stapp voice?

LI-YUN'S MANE-UH!

Connor Oberst

Jim James

The dude from Clap Hands Say Yeah

Jeff Tweedy

Dylan

Sam Beam

All R/B singers with exception of Beyonce

Jason Molina (on most Songs Ohia output)

Any indie rock including Stephen Malkmus

Ironically, I love Neil Young

John Mayer's voice is alright...woos the ladies (apparently...)

Conor Oberst's voice is very annoying. But Ben Gibbard should also be on that list...his weary "don't look at me, I'm just an artist" vocal style makes me wanna kill puppies.

My son played a hysterically funny song he wrote for his band the other day. When I asked him the title of the song he said "Scott Stapp". I don't know when I've felt so proud. :lol

True story.

Perhaps this belongs in the blaphmey thread, but:

Eddie Vedder

Yeah, the guy's got pipes, but that whole guttural thing is really damn annoying. And what makes it worse, is the hoards of imitators that he's inspired.

I'll flip that around...I could actually take his style, IF he had the pipes.

He's the worst singer in rock music, evar. Eddie Vedder can't sing on key, and can barely hold a note. (really)

Yeah, Jim James did bug me when he joined M.Ward's set and gradually took over at SXSW. I truly do not get him. If your gonna sing with M., you better look like Neko or Zooey.

:/

that show is a top 5 show of all time for me

• 1 month later...

One of the dudes at work was listening to "Crazy Train" on his computer in the office today.

Son of a bitch do I hate Ozzy's vocals in that song, and that entire song in general!

Guest Cousin Tupelo
wher'e SHATNER???

I bought a cutout CD in a bargain bin of a New England ska band called the Scufflaws who did a tribute to William Shatner. It is an absolute hoot.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Good call...

Tiny Tim was supposed to be annoying..that was the whole point...

LouieB

I worked at a central IL daily in the mid 80s and interviewed Tiny Tim. He was the headliner of a circus, wore this hideous (and rank) blue satin clown outfit with the circus' name embroidered on the back, had his long hair died a metallic bronze and played a triangular ukelele. We sat in his old blue mustang that he rode from s how to show, back seat strewn with pizza boxes and hard candy. Talked in this big honking baritone, breaking into his falsetto for a few songs to punctuate his comments. Very, very bitter and very, very looney. The conversation turned to watching CNN for hours on end, aliens, and his plans for a comeback, as the villain in a slasher movie (he wore the circus clown outfit in it) and writing ditties including "Santa has got the AIDS this year." He was fired from the circus shortly after I talked with him.

<shudder>