Pop Culture Blasphemy Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sarah jessica parker's face makes me shudder, and I'd rather eat a moldy hot pocket than watch her sex and the city show

I think all the batman movies except that last one blew. throw in the last 3 star wars as well.

I feel sympathy for lindsay lohan and britney spears

while I've enjoyed several of his movies, I'm not sure that what clint eastwood does could be described as "acting." that movie he made with hillary swank was insufferable.

I'd watch anything made by david lynch

Lost is even better than its hype

Deadwood is the greatest written show in television history (northern exposure would be a close second)

Grey's Anatomy is the worst popular show on television. I'd probably rather watch sex and the--nah, I take that back.

MTV and VH1 should be forced by law to change their names to "shitty reality tv network 1" and "shitty reality tv network 2"

there's more...

The dialog in Pulp Fiction is not very good.

Allelujah to THAT!

I used to think the most recent Star Wars trilogy sucked - compared to the originals. Then I watched the originals again. Conclusion? First 3 are UNWATCHABLE!

Lord of the Rings movie trilogy is UNWATCHABLE.

SNL always sucked, with the exception of the Christopher Guest season.

House is the best medical drama on TV, and Scrubs is the more realistic than any of the serious medical shows.

South Park is way better than The Simpsons, and Family Guy just plain sucks.

sarah jessica parker's face makes me shudder, and I'd rather eat a moldy hot pocket than watch her sex and the city show

I think all the batman movies except that last one blew. throw in the last 3 star wars as well.

I feel sympathy for lindsay lohan and britney spears

while I've enjoyed several of his movies, I'm not sure that what clint eastwood does could be described as "acting." that movie he made with hillary swank was insufferable.

I'd watch anything made by david lynch

Lost is even better than its hype

Deadwood is the greatest written show in television history (northern exposure would be a close second)

Grey's Anatomy is the worst popular show on television. I'd probably rather watch sex and the--nah, I take that back.

MTV and VH1 should be forced by law to change their names to "shitty reality tv network 1" and "shitty reality tv network 2"

there's more...

wow Poon...I agree with everything you wrote except the bit about David Lynch

House is the best medical drama on TV, and Scrubs is the more realistic than any of the serious medical shows.

South Park is way better than The Simpsons, and Family Guy just plain sucks.

A man after my own heart.

The Sopranos is and always will be the best show to grace television, even though the 6th season was the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen.

edit: actually television is the devil. Avoid it at all costs.

Lost is overrated.

Clint Eastwood is better at the acting than Al Pacino.

Keanu Reeves is underrated.

Sex in the City is teh crap.

Johhny Depp has been in steady decline since Benny and Joon.

The only tv show I find remotely interesting is Pushing Daisies, and it hasn't been on in 6 months.

RE: Atticus - I too feel pity for Britney, but for some reason not for Lindsay. She seems to be working too hard at actively trying to screw up her life just so we'll all look at her, whereas Brit just seems too dumb/messed up/etc. to do anything differently.

Seinfeld is stupid. So is Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Britney Spears is a science experiment. As in, she was concieved and raised in a basement somewhere in Hollywood with the sole purpose of making some people a lot of money. First, we had the platinum (probably) pop star, where I'm sure many people made out well. Now she's gathered even more attention as a train wreck than she ever did as a "music" star. Next will be the clean up/write a book phase. More money. Then suicide/horrible ending. Then biographical movie. More money.

Ok, more of a conspiracy theory than blasphemy, but one I half-heartedly believe.

Well Paul B beat me to the punch, but I will second Quentin Tarantino being about as good at directing as a used car salesman.