Pop Culture Blasphemy Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only shows I like, the tv networks have on at the same time, requiring me to watch 1/2 my shows the next day...

I sorta enjoyed Britney...til she went thru all this crap...but it surprised me she had time to do a new album..when did she do that between the court proceedings and problems..then she was on a tv show...seriously..isn't she in rehab or something?

I like CSI far too much even though I know that DNA testing doesnt come back nearly as fast as they show it does.

I'm not sure why but all the movies coming out lately are complete crap...and people keep coming in to BUY THEM on DVD?!

but it surprised me she had time to do a new album..when did she do that between the court proceedings and problems..then she was on a tv show...seriously..isn't she in rehab or something?

Hence proving my conspiracy theory...

Britney Spears is a science experiment. As in, she was concieved and raised in a basement somewhere in Hollywood with the sole purpose of making some people a lot of money.

wait, there are trailer parks in Hollywood ?

The following stars are not attractive, despite what pop culture wants you to believe:

Julia Roberts

Cameron Diaz

Renee Zellweger

Drew Barrymore

Natalie Portman

Scarlett Johansson (that's right, I said it)

There are plenty more where those came from. Who sets the standards for taste, anyway? :no

Manscaping is an abomination. Men are supposed to have hair on their chests, arms, legs, bathing suit areas and most other places, often including their backs. Give me a burly old school Burt Reynolds over a hairless pubic bone exposing Brad Pitt any day. If I want to feel up someone soft and smooth, I'll get next to a woman, thankyouverymuch.

I like CSI far too much even though I know that DNA testing doesnt come back nearly as fast as they show it does.

oh i know! i had to have some tests done (not DNA) and they told me it would take up to 3 weeks to get the results. i kept thinking, "if they were doing this on CSI i would have my results by the end of the hour!!"

six feet under is amazing.

The following stars are not attractive, despite what pop culture wants you to believe:

Julia Roberts

Cameron Diaz

Renee Zellweger

Drew Barrymore

Natalie Portman

Scarlett Johansson (that's right, I said it)

There are plenty more where those came from. Who sets the standards for taste, anyway? :no

You are seriously all over with your taste. I have no idea where you are going next, but I agree with the first 4 on your list.

Cheap Seats was much funnier than Mystery Science Theater 3000.

:worship Love that show.

These get a bit "rant-ish" But are within the lexicon of todays pop culture so we'll let it ride...

I find most of Will Ferrell's work horrible and unwatchable.

I can't stand 30 Rock even tho I think Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan are both generally funny as hell.

I think people should grow old and physically age gracefully.

A bit blasphemous considering the extent our culture is drawn towards youth.

People who go to extreme measures to counteract the effects of aging, particularly plastic surgery look like goddamn aliens: Go grey, hell go bald. Wrinkles are nice. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE WALK AROUND WITH A ORANGE PATINA ON YOUR BODY. Keep in shape but don't go nuts with the weights either.

Keeping in touch and cell phones are fine. However, do not call me incessantly asking "where are you". And please do not feel any obligation to keep me perpetually updated on your whereabouts. And it is not cool to call from a noisy environ and expect me to be able to decipher what the devil it is you are trying to convey. Additionally, attempting to carry on a phone conversation and another with someone in close proximity is verboten and is subject to disconnection.

Talking on a bluetooth headset while walking down the isle of a store makes you look like you have issues.

Talking on a bluetooth headset while walking down the isle of a store makes you look like you have issues.

You wouldn't believe how many people do this in Best Buy..and I have to figure out if they are talking to themselves or have a bluetooth headset on...then they expect you to know they are speaking to YOU in the middle of it...what? oh you are talking to me? okay yes i can answer that question..but not about the one where you asked where you should meet me for dinner...

You wouldn't believe how many people do this in Best Buy..and I have to figure out if they are talking to themselves or have a bluetooth headset on...then they expect you to know they are speaking to YOU in the middle of it...what? oh you are talking to me? okay yes i can answer that question..but not about the one where you asked where you should meet me for dinner...

:lol Yeah, I like that last bit there.

No I would so absolutely believe it.

Although the above post comes across, to me anyway, as a little curmudgeonly I'm generally a pretty outgoing and thoughtful individual who responds to people in a public setting. So when the person standing in the checkout line next to me blurts something out in my general direction I tend to think it's directed towards me.

And it happens all the time.

I have been know too start talking into the ether myself when these little episodes occur. But only when the person wearing the headset has looked at me like I'm nuts after I've responded.

And I have an audience...

Just start babbling away at nothing in particular... It's good for a laugh if nothing else.

I think people should grow old and physically age gracefully.

A bit blasphemous considering the extent our culture is drawn towards youth.

People who go to extreme measures to counteract the effects of aging, particularly plastic surgery look like goddamn aliens: Go grey, hell go bald. Wrinkles are nice. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE WALK AROUND WITH A ORANGE PATINA ON YOUR BODY. Keep in shape but don't go nuts with the weights either.

Keeping in touch and cell phones are fine. However, do not call me incessantly asking "where are you". And please do not feel any obligation to keep me perpetually updated on your whereabouts. And it is not cool to call from a noisy environ and expect me to be able to decipher what the devil it is you are trying to convey. Additionally, attempting to carry on a phone conversation and another with someone in close proximity is verboten and is subject to disconnection.

Couldnt agree more.

Since I dont go to bars anymore...a somewhat recent experience floored me. After a work related outing (Cubs game), we ended up at a packed local bar which I'll call Morons (due to the combined intelligence of the patrons, me included for agreeing to go there). I couldnt help but notice a rather large percentage of these patrons glued to their phones-texting and chatting-rather than interacting with the people there. Why isnt that considered rude and strange behaviour? And then there are the phone freaks on the El who have no problem broadcasting their lives to everyone on the car. Ugh.

Oh yeah, I went grey in my early 20s. Never considered doing anything about it either. My baby face keeps me looking young. :shifty

Other than Schindler's List, Spielberg is the singular most over-rated director. Ever. In fact, his movies are not only not good, they're terrible.

(And someone else beat me to beating up on QT)

Guest Muncle Douchey

i want to hang out with tom hanks - he just seems cool.

jack black has lost his appeal to me.

i've never found angelina jolie to be attractive.

i don't think the catcher in the rye is that good.

seinfeld is the only show worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as "best show ever".

the coen brothers' worst movie is better than anybody else's best movie.

saved by the bell was strangely genious.

the most talented actor currently working is joseph gordon levitt.

i hate richard gere.

romancing the stone era kathleen turner puts any of the hotties of today to shame.

the bourne trilogy is the greatest trilogy ever made.