Pop Culture Blasphemy Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everwood was the best show on telelvision, and there isn't a single show on right now that comes close to it's quality.

Sofia Coppola is one of the greatest living directors, and Lost in Translation is the most beautiful film ever shot. (not sure this is blasphemy, just a response to an earlier post)

The Hudsucker Proxy is in my top 3 Coen films.

Drew Barrymore is unbearably annoying and unattractive.

"Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was barely funny. Definitely not an all-time classic.

Does that really rise to level of blasphemy?

Does that really rise to level of blasphemy?

Well, I guess not.

My reaction is primarily related to R. Roeper calling it an instant classic, etc which it aint.

Rather than come to blows over such an inconsequential triffle, lets take a moment, clear our minds and picture Kristen Bell naked.

Amen.

The Hudsucker Proxy is in my top 3 Coen films.

It IS my favorite Coen Bros. film. Paul Newman as an evil mofo is absoloutely wonderful -- you can tell that he relishes finally being able to play the bad guy.

Blaspheme: Good Eats is the best show on TV and Iron Chef America is better than the original.

I love Good Eats, but Alton is the real life anal retentive chef. I saw an episode where he made a glove box to scale a fish.

Have you ever tried to scale a fish and not had the scales go EVERYWHERE?

I bet Alton Brown is a jerk in real life, but I love his show. I want my kitchen to be just like the one on the set. Except I don't want cameras in my appliances or cupboards.

Have you ever tried to scale a fish and not had the scales go EVERYWHERE?

I bet Alton Brown is a jerk in real life, but I love his show. I want my kitchen to be just like the one on the set. Except I don't want cameras in my appliances or cupboards.

It's definitely messy, but he did it outside.

Still, do you want that crap all over your deck or patio? Plus, if you hose it off into the grass, it gets all over your feet when you're barefoot.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

But I thought Arkansans were the only ones that walk around barefoot. :thumbup