Pop Culture Blasphemy Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Seinfeld.

Frustrates me to the point of having to turn the channel -- immediately!

And Curb Your Enthusiasm is even worse.

I don't like Seinfeld.

Frustrates me to the point of having to turn the channel -- immediately!

And Curb Your Enthusiasm is even worse.

I can appreciate not liking Seinfeld. I love it. I think it's one of the best TV comedies ever, but some people just don't like the somewhat snotty, arrogant humor of it. If you don't like Seinfeld, I would expect you to hate Curb Your Enthusiasm. What I don't get are people who love Seinfeld who don't like Curb. It's basically the same humor with different characters. George=Larry David.

Don Rickles isn't never was funny.

Fixed it for ya

We were actually talking about this the other night. I like Curb, but like something like Meet The Parents (and increasingly The Office), I find it sometimes painfully uncomfortable to watch. For some reason, Seinfeld wasn't that way for me. The characters are despicable people for the most part, but you still want to spend a half hour with them every week.

We were actually talking about this the other night. I like Curb, but like something like Meet The Parents (and increasingly The Office), I find it sometimes painfully uncomfortable to watch.

That's how I feel about the few episodes I've seen of the Extras.

Guest Muncle Douchey
We were actually talking about this the other night. I like Curb, but like something like Meet The Parents (and increasingly The Office), I find it sometimes painfully uncomfortable to watch. For some reason, Seinfeld wasn't that way for me. The characters are despicable people for the most part, but you still want to spend a half hour with them every week.

i'm not saying i disagree with you, but i've never seen the seinfeld characters as despicable. well, george might be. but nonetheless, i always thought the genious of that show was that the characters acted as all people wish they could act, but knew they just couldn't. or at least the way i wish i could act. especially jerry.

I take it you've never been to a southern fish fry. :)

Yep, never been invited to one.......

Austrya, why eat perch, bluegill and/or crappie skin? I've been catching and eating fish my whole life and have never heard of this being done. Whats the benefits?

I don't know if it has any benefits as far as nutrition, but I think it might help hold the filet together a little better while you're frying it.

That's just they way I've always had it.

Coat the filets in a little flour, salt, and lemon pepper and fry it. Skin and all.

I am in possession of a 1908 Honus Wagner card that was rendered nearly worthless by its original owner (my grandfather, at age 7).

Not blasphmey, but certainly sacrelige.

I am in possession of a 1908 Honus Wagner card that was rendered nearly worthless by its original owner (my grandfather, at age 7).

:stunned

ubba ubba ubbuda

:fish

:twitchsmile

Guest Jules

I've never heard of a 1908 Wagner card, but it could still be worth some money, no?

The famous one (like the one owned by Wayne Gretzky) was made between 1909-1911.

I've never heard of a 1908 Wagner card, but it could still be worth some money, no?

The famous one (like the one owned by Wayne Gretzky) was made between 1909-1911.

Then that was the one. Probably 1909, that makes sense.

I'm not really a baseball card guy; all I know is that it was worth a shitton of cash and that it's the Holy Grail of baseball cards.

Then that was the one. Probably 1909, that makes sense.

I'm not really a baseball card guy; all I know is that it was worth a shitton of cash and that it's the Holy Grail of baseball cards.

IIRC, the Honus Wagner card that is worth so much was the one that was put out by a cigarette company when they used to put cards in packs of smokes. Wagner was vehemently anti-tobacco and requested/forced the company to cease and desist. So few cards were produced, and fewer survived, that drove it to the status it's at. While a Cracker Jack card would be valuable, it isn't the big one.

Now, a blaspheme so I don't get in trouble:

Oprah Winfrey is a danger to the fabric of society.

Edit: I don't recall exactly correctly. Honus Wagner T206 card

While a Cracker Jack card would be valuable, it isn't the big one.

Oh, this was a Cracker Jack card from like 1999 - I didn't really think it would be worth anything, it was just kind of cool to carry around.