What's the worst thing you ever ran thru the washer?

So....last night....a full load, and Alissa contributed a big piece of chewing gum that a friend had given her, which she'd tucked into a pocket to save for later. Bad enough going through the washer with warm water, but what sealed the deal is that hubby didn't see it & transferred it all to a nice hot dryer. It was more evident when it had melted and spread over the clothes!

*Sigh*.....much pinkness everywhere! :frusty Who knew that one piece of gum could spread itself so far?!!!

I think I'll eventually get it all out, with enough "White Wizard" (The terrific stain remover that unfortunately sounds like it was invented by the KKK) and lots of hot water. Wish me luck!

So, what have you destroyed your clothing with in the washer? :brow

:headbonk Life lesson (again).....must check every pocket & not get laundry-complacent!

Just the other day I ran this orange/yellow shirt (traditional tibetan wear) that I had picked up in India last year. I knew I should be careful washing it, but I finally decided to throw it in. I figured as long as the water was on cold it would be fine. Open up the washing machine an hour later and anything that was white (yep, i don't separate whites and darks) was now a funny yellow color.

Oh well, a good lesson in non attachment, and a good sign of how much of a doofus I am when it comes to washing clothes

I kid you not, this very day I went to get some jeans out of the dryer...and laying in the bottom...a very dried out mouse. :omg :hmm

Needless to say, these jeans are being washed again. :barf

Country livin', folks. :ohwell

When we were kids I told my stepbrother to hide inside of the dryer during hide and seek. We put him in, and shut the door, which he couldn't open from the inside. Needless to say when my stepmom found out I got into some serious shit.

Kleenex, in a dark load. O.Y.

Kleenex, in a dark load. O.Y.

Oh, I hate that! I do that all the time. :hmm

Crayon from pocket in dryer. Not a pretty sight. Increased the laundry diligence, though...

My mom always tells the story, that she was watching Bobby Kennedy's funeral on TV while sorting laundry, and let a red crayon get through the usual pocket-search.

I was taking clothes out of the dryer and found a small piece of clear plastic with a pattern around the edges. It looked familiar for some reason, but I couldn't place it. Where have I seen... oh yeah! That's the same pattern as the inside of the envelope that my paycheck comes in.

:blink

Then I realized that that was all that was left of said envelope AND paycheck.

After a few days of sweating bullets about the potentially beaurocratic policies of the Los Angeles Unified School District on such matters, I was in fact able to get a new one.

When my daughter was somewhere between the ages of one and two, she climbed into the dryer and peed. I didn't even realized she could get the dryer door open, had no idea what prompted her to get in, and was very disappointed when I approached the dryer and saw exactly what she was up to in there. There were no clothes in it but I was worried that everything would come out smelling like pee after that, nothing did (woo hoo!).

I was getting ready to move and had a bunch of tax papers and other stuff on my bed as well as sorted laundry. Unfortunately, a recent winning lotto ticket worth 1000 bucks was on top of that stack of papers and, evidently got blown under the laundry pile before the laundry hit the bed.

I gathered up the laundry, threw it in the washer, then ran back in a panic a few minutes later.

After the cycle ran through, there were pieces of lotto ticket scattered about the entire load.

I still haven't lived it down.

are we all holding back on the "washed bag of weed" stories?

I have lost a bud or two that way, sure.

What about the "washed sheet of blots" stories? We had to cut up the pants leg into squares and everyone just sat around and chewed on a piece of jean material.

(j/k :stunned )