What's the worst thing you ever ran thru the washer?

One time, I forgot to take out the Scandisk 1GB Flashcard from my jeans pocket. It held the previous nights recordings we made. After realizing it had been washed AND dried, I nervously loaded into the computer and it worked just fine. Thank goodness for the little plastic case!! :thumbup

An entire section of the newspaper fell unnoticed into the washing machine. It took many cycles to get all the soggy paper shreds out. It was terrible.

Another time, I'd been outside in the rain with my dog, and didn't want to put the wet umbrella on the floor so I stuck it in the washing machine barrel to drip dry. Later, I threw a load of laundry in and washed it. The umbrella was ruined, but fortunately, the washing machine survived.

i work at what might be the easiest job on earth, a drycleaners, but while it is easy ive seen some horror stories. During the summer I get tableclothes from the yacht club and wash dry then fold em. Last summer some leftover crab and chicken got caught up in the mix and it was the worst smell ever haha

Today - Washed my favorite work shirt with a pen in the pocket. Exploded and ruined. Also, soaked a pair of pants that had a grass stain. Had my cell phone in the pocket. Not a great day. Hoping desperately that my phone comes back to life.

The amount of pens I've washed is much too much to count. A couple of months ago I had a freshly opened pack of cigarettes in my shirt pocket and that was a lot of fun. Back in middle school when my mom used to do my laundry, she got to keep any money found in my pockets. That was one of the few reasons I was glad she forced me to do my own once I hit high school.

I got a new Ipod for christmas this past year and I was washing my bedsheets and I pulled out my earbuds... my heart sank, I looked inside the washer and sure enough my ipod was chilling in there. Went and returned it to circuit city and some highschool kid didn't even ask any questions.

Also, I recently let a pen go through the dryer... also not a good idea.