My Brother Was Buried Today

my father-in-law passed away ~ 5 years ago due to liver complications brought on by struggles w/ alcaholism. it pains me that my kids will never get to know their other grandfather, who (addiction aside) was a good man who thought the world of the concept of family.

it was excrutiatingly rough on my mom/brother-in-law and wife...but as time has passed, while you never forget, you do learn to cope and make it appreciate your own life even more. stay strong, god bless.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad to hear. Strong vibes for you and your family in your time of need.

"If we wait too long we risk learning that life is not a game lost nor won...but simply, most often, it is a game that is not played."

My parents chose a gravestone today, which was the last of many hard & almost unbearable things for them, and they asked me to scan the latest picture of Boris to print it out for them and put it into a frame, so I take this opportunity to post the picture, as I think I said somewhere I would.

Boris0001.jpg

This picture apparently was taken just a few days before he died; apparently he wanted to use it to try and get back into a proper job, i.e. for his applications.

Thank you for posting the photo Dunja.

I continue to pray for your family and for your loss. My love is with you. :cheekkiss If you ever want to talk or need anything, let me know.

xoxo