Best live Impossible Germany solo?

check out the one from Des Moines 3-9-08, i believe. seems longer than most. really wish i could have been there.

There's no argument - it was Dublin 14th November. I was at the back near the soundboard and couldn't believe how good it was - Nels was just on fire. The next night in Dublin, he was more restrained even though i was up front near stage.

I was at the New Haven gig and feel a bit biased toward it, but IMHO the IG solo from the latest ACL show is the most tasteful and satisfying solo to date.

The solo from the 6/07 Charlotte show was brilliant.. Nels even hit a wrong note or two, but it gave it Character.

• 2 weeks later...

we need some more links to watch the videos, and then have a full Impossible Germany solo session of listening to Nels tear it up before voting on our favourites.

I finish college next week so I may be doing some scouting, any help would be appreciated...

I would have to agree with justin... the definitive version in my mind is the one from milwaukee's summerfest in jul. '06. the song was a little more forceful and rocking at first, kotche hammering it home, and nels completely kills it. I also think the one from the EP, I believe from one of the denver fillmore nights, is also real kick ass, and should come in at second.

I would have to agree with justin... the definitive version in my mind is the one from milwaukee's summerfest in jul. '06. the song was a little more forceful and rocking at first, kotche hammering it home, and nels completely kills it. I also think the one from the EP, I believe from one of the denver fillmore nights, is also real kick ass, and should come in at second.

do you have a download of the one from summerfest, i lost my copy of that show and now i can't find it anywhere, i'd like to hear that song though if you have it. thanks