• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucero - Live at Ardent Studios

They just played a smoking version of "What Else Would You Have Me Be", a song I'm not usually all that fond of. But goddamn that was awesome.

i'm listening to that whole thing right now. so far so good.

41RWP3X0BDL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Candi Staton - Candi Staton

Time to get my 70s Soul groove on now :).

^ That Dennis Linde record cover has my curiosity piqued.

NP:

51AA1kGaq0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

me too so i looked up linde on allmusic. quite the songwriter! he wrote goodbye earle for the dixie chicks.

I looked him up as well :). It's too bad that his records aren't still in print.

yeah, dennis linde's albums are well out of print - i don't even think they ever came out on cd.

have a search on here and you'll find it ripped from vinyl into mp3: http://time-has-told-me.blogspot.com/

his best album is Under The Eye, but i've only got that on vinyl and am currently without a turntable, so can't rip it. maybe you'll find that online somewhere too, if you're lucky.

dennis linde - s/t

this is fantastic.

yeah, it's great. i wish you could hear the other album cos it's even better. hopefully these'll get released on cd at some point. that blog is really great for out of print music. i've got loads of rare english folk/prog rock off of it.

i don't knnow if you've ever heard of Heron, but if you search on that website they've got an album called Upon Reflection which is their first and second album on one. they are english, but, especially on their second album, they sound like The Band. they recorded their first release totally outside. anyway, i just saw them on there and thought you or someone might like to know. the album is out on cd in the uk, but i don't know about america.

np. kevin coyne - marjory razorblade

i'll check it out. a comparison to the band will pique my interest anytime.

i also just checked, and if you type "bonzo dog band" you'll be able to pick up "the doughnut in granny's greenhouse" which is, well i guess you'll either like it or hate it. but if you like the beatles/the kinks with more weirdness then you'll like it.

still playing kevin coyne