• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:omg

However, you didn't like Plans, so maybe I should reserve judgment. ;)

i liked Plans... it just totally PALES in comparison to the 2 albums that came before it, and is probably my least fave DCFC record

this new one has about the same number great songs 3-4, i'd put them both pretty much in the same range, but it's certainly not a great album by any means.

I don't need to listen to it to figure that out. Just look at that fucking cover.

Yeah. It's a little Counting Crows or something...

I don't need to listen to it to figure that out. Just look at that fucking cover.

lol.

So far sitting at my computer writing papers all day I've listened to:

Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer. Probably my AOTY thus far, I love this baby.

Ryan Adams - Cold Roses. I can never decide if this or Heartbreaker are my favorite RA.

Fuck Buttons - Street Horrrsing. This album is amazing to zone out and get some work done to and I mean that in the best possible way, a noisy band with a great sense for melody.

Shearwater - Rook. Only first listen so I need many more but sounded great, beautifully produced.

Kanye West - The Graduate Mixtape. Fun collection of odds and ends and pretty good versions of the album songs. I love the song with The Knife beat.

Death Cab for Cutie - I actually really like the single but the rest of this on second listen doesn't even sound as good as Plans.

yeah, Dreamin' is great...

Troublemaker is decent... very bad lyrics though

Everybody Get Dangerous... killer chorus, sounds like Electric Six kinda... horrible verses though... just awful lyrics :lol

The Greatest Man That Ever Lived is just f'n nutty! some if it is annoying, but overall i kinda like the mini-epic approach

yeah, Dreamin' is great...

Troublemaker is decent... very bad lyrics though

Everybody Get Dangerous... killer chorus, sounds like Electric Six kinda... horrible verses though... just awful lyrics :lol

The Greatest Man That Ever Lived is just f'n nutty! some if it is annoying, but overall i kinda like the mini-epic approach

So far I really like Dreamin and Greatest Man quite a bit. The others aren't grabbing me yet. Oh and Thought I Knew is horrible.

yeah i don't like that other people sing tracks 7 & 8 (apparently Pat sings one too), those 2 songs are the weakest of this batch by FAR...

Thought I Knew sounds like f'n Fastball or something

after a few listens, even without the last 2 songs, this is definitely closer to Green Album quality (7/10) than it is Maladroit (5/10) & Make Believe (4/10), that's a good sign.