• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5141XHQ14BL._SL500_AA240_.jpg51FY6F36YJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

61CuLI9ogWL._SL500_AA240_.jpg61e0GAfUnjL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Shrimp Boat - Something Grand (disc 3)

Paul Simon - Surprise

Judas Priest - Best Of: Living After Midnight

Jimmy Cliff - The Harder They Come (OST)

51EFbQ9nNUL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

She was lovely last night opening for DeVotchKa

ugh. don't remind me... so bummed i had to miss that show for Swell Season (prolly would have enjoyed the other more too...)

have seen her 3x now though, she's stunning live

cool about the Basia love.

I've been an avid reader of Holly's (the Ukulele player) Blog about road food:

http://hollyrancher.blogspot.com/

It is freekin hilarious.

100_1756.JPG

While eating breakfast fries out of a greasy paper bag I received a counter offer from my friend, Howard, to stop eating only french fries and instead not eat any fried potatoes for a month. This seemed infinitely less detrimental to my health so I immediately lamed out on the previous bet and got right to eating some equally bad gas station foods.

and

100_1381.JPG

The following post was written by Miss Allison Wonderland. I don't really condone smoking, but I have to admit that having one smoker in the band does give us a little more street cred. Expect to see more of these posts in the coming months, since Allison is as curious about odd tobacco products as I am about unusual food.

Touring is an unhealthy business. However, as a smoker, being unhealthy is a full time job for me. Although I tend to avoid the gut-destroying food that Holly puts into her body, I find roadside gas stations to be a great source of odd tobacco products.

At a small gas station just across the US-Canada border, we stumbled across a

Basia and band sort of semi makes up for London Ontario being the home of this:

http://consumerist.com/5008258/tim-hortons...-hole-to-a-baby

and the country's largest PCB dumb, just around the corner from the Tim Horton's in the above story.

Makes me well up with patriotism and if Obama wins, I'm moving to the relatively industrial-waste-free state of New Jersey.

NP:

20z8zec.jpg

the worst part about missing the DeVotchka/Basia show is, my friends went out for Pizza with both bands afterwards... GAH :(

did Glen play you a C-chord as, urrr, solace, for missing Basia/Devotcha?

Seriously that is too bad.

lol

it was a great show, just didn't really compare to The Frames unfortunately, which i knew it wouldn't be AS good, just thought it'd be closer to that experience i guess.

plus i did see both Basia and DeVotchka together @ SXSW, but the acrobats looked amazing... pissed for missing that

^^ dunno if you "trust" my taste or not, but i likes it a lot too ;) . "Sing The Greys" is my favorite of theirs though.

caught them @ SXSW, pretty fun live band

Damn, didn't get the edit (above) posted in time.

Kyle - abso fuckin lutely. Can't even list all the stuff I've gotten into from your posts. Bon Iver, Sun Kill Moon, Frames, etc etc etc ....