I know this is a Wilco message board but I also know there are some kick ass musicians on here who can listen to a song and get somewhere in the ballpark. The song is a bonus track off an LP that was recently released as a remaster. I would be happy to buy someone the whole damn CD (and money for beer :heehee ) if they could help me with the tab/chords for this song. :pray

Not too sure, but alot of Matt's parts in odd tunings, for his lead work, but basic chords in standard tunings can be used. I'm busy today but will look a it later.

For charitable folks who haven't heard the song, it's on
youtube video. Cute baby, random youtube people!

Kick ass. Thanks for putting that out there. Not for me but for those who haven't heard the song.

I'm getting something that sounds like it in standard tunning. (G-C-D) He bounces back and forth between the G and C at one point but they sound like maybe maj chords? Hell, I don't know what I'm doing. This is frustrating.

I'm getting something that sounds like it in standard tunning. (G-C-D) He bounces back and forth between the G and C at one point but they sound like maybe maj chords? Hell, I don't know what I'm doing. This is frustrating.

Yeah, that's what I got..verses in C with basic note steps in that chord back up to a G than reversed. Not good at exact tabs or picking for that matter, but I could cheat it through after one listen.

• 2 years later...

He uses the tuning DADF#BE alot.I believe it's a D6 tuning.I've read about it Guitar World Acoustic and just recently on Paste Magazine's website.

Yeah. I love M. Ward but only have 4 albums and don't know that song off the top of my head. I can't play the clip here at work either...

But he does use D6 tuning for a huge percentage of his songs. I think that along with his voice/however he records helps make everything of his sound super-old.