• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't wait for Friday! :dancing

Lucky man you are, I'll have to waite till the end of July. I know more shows will be anounced soon. I'm talking to their promoters as we speak trying to get them to squeeze in another St. Louis show after Wakarusa, I have an OK from the venue I'm trying to book them at but will settle for anything at this point!

Have a great show! Tell Toby that Ryan from St. Louis says hello.

Also trying to get a forum started for these guys and might need your help man, if your willing that is! I'm getting a server here in a few days and would like to help these guys out.

Too bad that Philly show is sold out already.

Heard a new tune on the radio yesterday, it was a nice sounding song. A bit of The Who kind of vibe, which is a new territory for them. I can't wait for Fate, especially since We All Belong was a bit of a let down.

Tue September 30, 2008

Kansas City, MO

The Record Bar

9:30 pm/$12/21+

I know it's far in the future, but you should try to check this show, Ryan. The Record Bar is a sweet little venue.

I might be able to make this.

I know it's far in the future, but you should try to check this show, Ryan. The Record Bar is a sweet little venue.

I might be able to make this.

Yeah, my school schedule is looking pretty bleak for shows I can attend during the week. They might add a few more dates after Waka though. Can you make it for the Mojo's show?

Lucky man you are, I'll have to waite till the end of July. I know more shows will be anounced soon. I'm talking to their promoters as we speak trying to get them to squeeze in another St. Louis show after Wakarusa, I have an OK from the venue I'm trying to book them at but will settle for anything at this point!

Have a great show! Tell Toby that Ryan from St. Louis says hello.

Also trying to get a forum started for these guys and might need your help man, if your willing that is! I'm getting a server here in a few days and would like to help these guys out.

Keep me posted when that forum starts up. I wanna be in the first top 10 posters. I literally live a ten minute walk from the FREE show here in Richmond. That can't come soon enough. They must be pulling a hell of a drive straigh from here to Lawrence, Kansas the following day. That will be hellish. Also not, to post out of topic here, but if anyone would be kind enough to do an old school cd burn of any of the early DD demo stuff that's floating around I would be eternally grateful thanks in advance, greg

Keep me posted when that forum starts up. I wanna be in the first top 10 posters. I literally live a ten minute walk from the FREE show here in Richmond. That can't come soon enough. They must be pulling a hell of a drive straigh from here to Lawrence, Kansas the following day. That will be hellish. Also not, to post out of topic here, but if anyone would be kind enough to do an old school cd burn of any of the early DD demo stuff that's floating around I would be eternally grateful thanks in advance, greg

Will do but it will take some time. Along the lines of the unreleased material, they are selling it on their myspace page, as it would be alot of work to actually put it out on disc. It is floating around on Waffles and I would also love to have it. If it comes down to it I might purchase it when I have some exta dough.

O-MAN,

Yeah I tried to purchase those tracks on the site, but being the technologically inept person that I am, I lost them somewhere and cannot recover them. Do we know if any of these recently released tracks have anything in common with the Psychedelic Swamp album that seems to be a bit of a mystery? One way or another any help at all would be appreciated. Take care, Greg

Do we know if any of these recently released tracks have anything in common with the Psychedelic Swamp album that seems to be a bit of a mystery?

No, Psych Swamp was released as an album in 01 and can be purchased. The unreleased material has been songs they recorded in 03-07, and not put out as a offical release.

I have neither. :hmm

Too bad that Philly show is sold out already.

Heard a new tune on the radio yesterday, it was a nice sounding song. A bit of The Who kind of vibe, which is a new territory for them. I can't wait for Fate, especially since We All Belong was a bit of a let down.

Really? I didn't get into them until they opened for Wilco at the Millennium Park show, but since then I have purchased all of their albums. We All Belong is by far my favorite. Maybe it's just because the production is the best? What let you down with the album?

I just checked again and I'm almost certain "Psychedelic Swamp" is unavailable. While looking around I found this at Park the Van. Enjoy

Psych Swamp was released as an album in 01 and can be purchased

Where? I've never seen it anywhere. If you know where we could find that, PLEASE, share the wealth!

We All Belong is by far my favorite. Maybe it's just because the production is the best? What let you down with the album?

I don't know. I had been really blown away by Easy Beat. It really took me in. I remember specifically hearing "Aint It Strange" before the release of the Takers and Leavers EP and really feeling like these guys were really growing immensely and they were going to top themselves with the next record. I think I wanted We All Belong to have the same kind of surprise and magic that I heard in their other releases, and I didn't quite get it. I do enjoy the record, but I don't love it. For me not to love a Dr. Dog record, that's the let down.

In further looking, ererybody was out of stock.........................come to find out that only 25 cd's wen't into print. I have the next 5 hours free and looking high and low at every torrent site. I'll see what I can do.

Here's a youtube video of the band playing their title track to their new album, "Fate."

I must say, I cannot wait until this album comes out! I really, really like this song! :dancing