• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a youtube video of the band playing their title track to their new album, "Fate."

I must say, I cannot wait until this album comes out! I really, really like this song! :dancing

Yeah I totally dig this as well, I can hear a Tom Waits influence!

I have been helping these dudes out for a while and they are, seriously, the coolest dudes you can meet. All the new tracks that I have heard sound excellent, so far.

As far as the Psychedelic Swamp stuff goes.. There were only a few copies of the album made and they were sold at the very first few Dr. Dog shows. It's extremely lo-fi and from what I understand, it was just mostly Scott playing. They are still working on it and will probably be the next release after "Fate".

Can't wait for the Richmond show!

• 3 weeks later...
yes it is!

not as immediately catchy as the last 2, but man i'm loving it.

It has songs that sound like they could have been on the last album but I know what you're saying. I've only listened twice all the way through but it's sticking with me. "From" is an older song that I know I have heard before. A couple of songs sound like a 2008 version of The Band... and not in a derivative way.

A couple of songs sound like a 2008 version of The Band... and not in a derivative way.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I listened to "From" and "100 Years".

It is darker.....I LIKE darker.

This is brilliant, really.

yeah, they've always reminded me of The Band to be honest...

also, some of the guitar (and at times bass & drum) tones on here sound like they could have come straight off of a Wings or McCartney solo record

That was funny as hell.....while I'm repyling an email to Dr. Dogs booking manager I get fired at with PM's.

Listening for the first time. That first track goes from Toothbrush style to next centruy in less than a minute. Lovin' it so far.

I just recently (finally) got into these guys, and it kills me that they're coming to NY the same nights that Pearl Jam's playing at MSG.

Could someone PM me a certain link to a certain leak of a certain new album, please?

I just recently (finally) got into these guys, and it kills me that they're coming to NY the same nights that Pearl Jam's playing at MSG.

they're playing the Bowery the night before the 1st MSG show ;)

wanna cut out of the 24th show early to see them in Brooklyn? :)

Last night they played a free show here in Richmond on Brown's Island. Hadn't seen them live since way back in 2004 when they opened for MMJ at a show here in town. What a great band and the stuff off Fate sounded great.

I was literally the first non-staff person on all of Brown's Island yesterday in Richmond for the show. I got there before 5, just in time to see all of Dr. Dog's soundcheck in 97 degree weather with the sun beating down mercilessly and no shade in sight. 3/5 of the band were soundchecking sans shirts. They did four new songs which were all great. The vibe at Friday Cheers shows is pretty horrible. About 80% of the people come out to drink and socialize and could care less about the music. This was no different last night, though those who were there to see Dr. Dog seemed to be fairly enthusiastic and knew most every song. They played around 16-18 songs for about an hour and a half. The songs were almost always one Scott song, one Toby song, and a healthy mix of the last two albums, and the upcoming album. The energy was high all night, but picked up pace towards the end, and definitely won over lots of new fans. No "Wake Up," but otherwise no complaints. I was personally responsible for getting about ten people to come out who had little to no knowledge of the band. Most everyone was dully impressed by their stagecraft and songs, though everyone favored Scott's tunes to Toby's. I love the interplay and the mix of styles and think it adds a great dynamic to the band. My fifth time seeing them in the past four years and I feel as if they are only getting better live and with each record, though I've yet to listen to "Fate." The Arlington show later this summer can't come soon enough.