Any Deals on Guitar Strings?

Try this one. It's a beautiful song and chord shapes sound just amazing when played in that register.

OH YES, thats what i'm talkn about. Great song..............gonna play it tonight. I have a tune in Am that I use the Fadd9 ..............add9, and add7(sorry,bad w/ names), but that chord rocks! Try sliding the Fadd9 down a whole step............

Am/7,Am/9,Em/7,F/9.......down a whole step then back to Am/7/9

Chorus.........G,C,G,C,G,C,G,C

I'll try to post a link soon............rough demo copy!

You could also embrace thuddy, beautiful, worn strings. They sound better to me. AND it's cheaper.

I really prefer worn strings, at least on my main guitar, Gibson Chet atkins SST...i have the stock UST swapped out and the thing is is ridiculously bright with new strings and Im a pretty percussive player, new strings have too much pop and snap...my martin acoustic can take new strings better however

I also prefer the sound of worn strings. They feel like they're all working together or something.

Anyway...I quickly learned that the guitars get restrung all the time. Each and every time they get used, they get restrung. It seems absurd, especially to a guy who likes worn strings. Now, I feel myself adopting this string changing policy, whether I like it or not!!

i dont know if yall know this trick, but you can get bit more life out of old strings by unwinding them and boiling them in a lite salt water solution for 10 minutes, drying, and restringing...if you even care to go to the trouble...also, when you put them back on, start winding at the tuner before putting the ball end in the bridge...twist the ball end a few times, then insert followed by the bridgepins...theyll give you more tone and brightness

j

By the way, found out that this site has a GREAT deal on the Martin Bluegrass-gauge strings I like.

They only let me order 5 packs this time though... But still, $4 each can't be beat around here at least. Also I was ordering tusq bridge pins to replace my Martin plastic pins anyway.

Just a thought.