• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. He really doesn't put out much duddy stuff in my book.

I dunno, I've always found myself able (and even willing) to throw away at least half of each album. I feel like there's a great EP buried in every album, and it is a REALLY great EP. But I've never been thrilled with an album straight through. The closest are Odelay and Sea Change where I find myself skipping maybe 2 or 3 songs at most.

I'm still highly anticipating this release though.

I dunno, I've always found myself able (and even willing) to throw away at least half of each album. I feel like there's a great EP buried in every album, and it is a REALLY great EP. But I've never been thrilled with an album straight through. The closest are Odelay and Sea Change where I find myself skipping maybe 2 or 3 songs at most.

I'm still highly anticipating this release though.

Agree with everything you said here 100%

I was waiting to see if anyone else felt like me about Beck. That is, I can completely live without hearing his stuff ever again. He just does zilch for me.

Oh good, finally someone agrees with me on the Four Horsemen (see above ;) ). And I would never have known this song unless Wilco had played it at the shows during AGIB tour. It was discussed many many times here at VC then.

And ... Hi Derek! :wave Haven't seen ya round here for awhile.

Mutations is my favorite Beck album.

Sea Change is a little too repetitive and 'one note' for me, though I still like it.

Midnite Vultures is amazing.

Odelay phenomenal.

Guero pretty good.

Information bloated.

this new track is most like Mutations to me, yet somewhat boring, and it has that same never ending jam session thing he's done on several songs.

Which songs on The Information don't people like? I'd say Soldier Jane could've been left off, but that's about it.

i don't know the song titles.

my friend and i were talking about The Information and we both felt there is some 'coldness' or something to this album in comparison to his other stuff. It's weird since Godrich did Mutations and Sea Change as well. If I recall correctly though, I think they started the tracks, took a long break, and then came back to it.

Which songs on The Information don't people like? I'd say Soldier Jane could've been left off, but that's about it.

Good:

Elevator Music

Think I'm In Love

Cellphone's Dead

Nausea

New Round

Dark Star

We Dance Alone

No Complaints

Meh:

Soldier Jane

Motorcade

The Horrible Fanfare/Landslide/Exoskeleton (Landslide should've been a full separate song)

Bad:

Strange Apparition

Movie Theme

1000 BPM

The Information

in my opinion

• 3 weeks later...

that is a really different kind of album cover for him.

i listened to the Information while i ran on my treadmill last night.

it's really not bad, it's just it's so long i have never wanted to take the time to listen to it all in one sitting - and i really never form an opinion on an album unless i can do that.

totally stoked on the new album, just scored a pair of tix's for a "secret" LA club show tonight - saw some vid's on youtube of a Monday night gig, and his new stuff sounds great.

hope to put up some info on it later.