• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it did. i'm on my first listen and i don't think i like it at all. i'd only heard a live version of modern guilt (the track) before listening to this, and comparing this with that i'd say beck needs to stop fucking about with all the knobs and just put down the songs as they were written. it all just sounds so lifeless.

yeah... so far this is very low key... to the point of me not even paying attention :dontgetit

i haven't heard a single discernable or memorable/catchy hook yet through track 7

edit: ok, Soul of a Man is pretty cool, finally a song that has caught my ear.

also, the artwork for this record kinda blows compared to his usually very cool artwork

it's not bad, i'm on my 3rd listen and some of it is starting to reveal itself, but it's not very exciting, that's for sure.

2nd half is definitely better for me

honestly, i didn't even care THAT much for either of the last 2. if you combined the two albums i could prolly come up with a pretty solid single album though.

i seriously don't even recall one note of how the last one sounded, so i'm fine w/ this one. i do find it to be a good summer album, but in the sit on my back porch w/ a pint and comic book after the kids go to bed sort of way.

true, true. :thumbup

Beta Band comment nailed it, I knew it reminded me of someone. Not very memorable so far, not the best songs he's written, but it sounds pretty good and is pretty even. Though 'Information' had better stand out tracks, I already like 'Modern Guilt' more.

I'm just not feeling it yet.

I guess this is just not the album I wanted/needed from Beck right now. I've been listening to a lot of Physical Graffiti lately and it's fun to pretend some of those tunes are new Beck.

I'm just not feeling it yet.

I guess this is just not the album I wanted/needed from Beck right now. I've been listening to a lot of Physical Graffiti lately and it's fun to pretend some of those tunes are new Beck.

what???

Guest Hollinger.

On first listen, the only tracks that really stand out are Gamma Ray, Modern Guilt and Soul Of A Man. Not that the rest of it isn't good, it's just kind of underwhelming. We'll see what happens after a couple listens.

sure, but that record defines the word gorgeous and heartwrenching :)

Oh, I'm not going to disagree with that. I love "Sea Change"... however, thus far, I like the new one quite a bit. It's not "summer girl" but it has some fun moments on it.