• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I apparently think Beck can do no wrong. This just seems different but better (than Guero and Information at least) to me. I'm not all the way through, but a lot of what I'm hearing is pretty good to me.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but lyrics are included with the CD. There is no artwork.

Also - I got this bit of info from an e-mail blast. Has anyone seen this 7"?

Beck - Modern Guilt CD (DGC)

Initial copies come with a bonus 7" 45 of "Chemtrails" b/w the non-LP track "Vampire Voltage No. 6." CD now, vinyl due 7/22.

Pink Moon

Which Will

Parasite

I can post'em here later tonight -

great.

should be interesting to hear him 'recreate them exactly.'

one song off of Sea Change was compared to River Man a lot.

I'm digging this one more than the last 2 so far.

p.s. Thanks for the Drake covers PAL :).

i'm not sure what i think yet.

i don't think it ever reaches the "highs" of any of his other albums Odelay on (i don't have those 3 early records).

track 8 or 9 the vocals are too low in the mix. it just sounds like Beck mumbling.

I too am diggin' this album. although haven't had the chance to give it a thorough listen, what i've heard so far, I LIKE!

I picked up a copy and listened to it on my way to and from a haircut. :thumbup

I'm thinking this one is a home run! Maybe a little short, but it's something I can get use to......and the cds not bad either! :lol

I picked up a copy and listened to it on my way to and from a haircut. :thumbup

I'm thinking this one is a home run! Maybe a little short, but it's something I can get use to......and the cds not bad either! :lol

Greatest joke in history.

I'll preface this by saying I'm not really a Beck fan--I haven't bought a cd since Odelay got played to death and haven't really been able to tolerate him except in small doses ever since then. But I am actually liking this album. Its understated and doesn't feel like what I would expect from Beck. It didn't immediately grab me, but it is growing on me quickly.

This has gotten really trite.

'what happened to our youth?'

seriously...if he was still releasing tunes like 'loser' or even 'where it's at' at this point in his career, i'd find that kind of sad.

also, i think calling this one a 'grower' was an understatement. i'm really enamored w/ this album.