I did a few searches and couldn't find a thread. If I violated duplicate thread protocol, I beg forgiveness.

Sleater-Kinney were one of my 5 all-time favorite bands. Since the 'indefinite hiatus', they are now somewhere in the top 10. Thankfully, I can still get new doses of Janet Weiss thunder drumming from listening to the Jicks.

I religiously check the S-K site since the hiatus but quit checking a couple of months ago since there was never anything new. Fortunately, I gave it a look last Friday.

If you are a fan and haven't been to the site lately, it has been revamped and is worth looking over. It looks totally different and has many new features. The Live Vault is particularly exciting!! I am psyched because this statement gives me hope: "Welcome'Indefinite hiatus' aside, S-K.net is here to provide you with a complete archive and celebrate all things S-K as well as document the ladies' future ventures. Enjoy the site and please remember that all feedback and contributions are welcome." (I know, I know. I'm reading into it!) :yes

http://www.sleater-kinney.net/

I did a few searches and couldn't find a thread. If I violated duplicate thread protocol, I beg forgiveness.

Sleater-Kinney were one of my 5 all-time favorite bands. Since the 'indefinite hiatus', they are now somewhere in the top 10. Thankfully, I can still get new doses of Janet Weiss thunder drumming from listening to the Jicks.

I religiously check the S-K site since the hiatus but quit checking a couple of months ago since there was never anything new. Fortunately, I gave it a look last Friday.

If you are a fan and haven't been to the site lately, it has been revamped and is worth looking over. It looks totally different and has many new features. The Live Vault is particularly exciting!! I am psyched because this statement gives me hope: "Welcome'Indefinite hiatus' aside, S-K.net is here to provide you with a complete archive and celebrate all things S-K as well as document the ladies' future ventures. Enjoy the site and please remember that all feedback and contributions are welcome." (I know, I know. I'm reading into it!) :yes

http://www.sleater-kinney.net/

You sure are reading into it! s-k.net is a fan site

anyway... i love(d) s-k... the only concert that i've ever gone to alone.... last show in philly right before they stopped. it was at least 100 degrees in the building and i was drenched just from standing there.

You sure are reading into it! s-k.net is a fan site

anyway... i love(d) s-k... the only concert that i've ever gone to alone.... last show in philly right before they stopped. it was at least 100 degrees in the building and i was drenched just from standing there.

:lol I know that it is a fan site and I have been reading the hell into anything and everything since the hiatus!1 I so totally dig (dug :( ?) them1 I need more!

Lucky you1 I saw them in Atlanta on The Woods tour, plus others including the amazing NYE MSG, but still flog myself for not catching one of those last shows. At least I could listen to the live 9:30 simulcast.

:D :lol :rotfl It had been so long since I had been to s-k.com that I must've put in .net!!! Ha HA! I hadn't been to .net in over a year and forgot about it. I was so excited. What a maroon!!! The .com site is the same old remnants of nothing!1 That is hilarious!! I am inept. :frusty
:lol I know that it is a fan site and I have been reading the hell into anything and everything since the hiatus!1 I so totally dig (dug :( ?) them1 I need more!

Lucky you1 I saw them in Atlanta on The Woods tour, plus others including the amazing NYE MSG, but still flog myself for not catching one of those last shows. At least I could listen to the live 9:30 simulcast.

I also saw them open for (and perform with!) pearl jam. when PJ played neil's "harvest moon" the ladies of s-k provided backup vocals.....

Starting Sleater-Kinney's set, signer/guitarist Corin Tucker immediately thanked Pearl Jam for inviting them out on tour again, and "especially wanted to thank one person" as Ed came out and kicked off the show with Bruce Springsteen's "Promised Land". Matt was introduced and played "lead tambourine" on Sleater-Kinney's "One Beat". For Sleater-Kinney's finale, Corin called out all the members of Pearl Jam and the ensemble played Danzig's "Mother". Mike was on guitar stage-left, Stone was on tambourine in front of the drum kit and Matt stood alongside Janet Weiss and added percussion. Jeff came out in a black, long-sleeve, Samhain (Glenn Danzig's old band) t-shirt, white face paint with eyes blackened and a wig with strands of hair over his face in the Misfits/Samhain style. Ed discretely perched himself behind's Matt kit and filmed the event with a small video camera, before grabbing Matt's sticks and contributing on drums.

Ed brings out Sleater-Kinney for "one more" then realizes they commonly sing encore backups on more than one song, so he asks the crowd "do you want one more or two more?" (to which most of the crowd started chanting "three!"), so they join in for "Leaving Here" and "Rockin in the Free World". On "Rockin'...", Sleater-Kinney's Carrie Brownstein played Ed's blue Gibson SG, Janet Weiss played Matt's kit as Matt accented on cymbals and Corin Tucker sang and played tambourine, rockin' with Ed as they slapped their tambourine's together in unison.

one of the best concerts i have ever seen.

Don't remind me!!! My wife was out of town, and in a snitty piss fit, I refused to go alone because she forgot about the show and committed to this business trip. One of my life's regrets. The review in the paper was hard to read.The stupid things we humans do...

Seeing my 2 favorite bands on NYE, at the time, S-K and Wilco, was one of our best decisions. Hearing only The Woods tunes during their set made me yearn for the release.

• 3 years later...

If you are not following Carrie on Twitter, let me recommend it. She is very funny. Check out this gem from today:

@Carrie_Rachel Just spent $35 on cassette tapes to play in my car. My iPod is jealous that they'll never get to meet.

Ar187rmCMAAgXPt.jpg

i love Carrie! she is so cool and hilarious. that box of tapes looks like mine circa 1991!

btw, Portlandia is well worth checking out if you haven't. smart and hilarious for us aging Gen-Xers.

i love Carrie! she is so cool and hilarious. that box of tapes looks like mine circa 1991!

btw, Portlandia is well worth checking out if you haven't. smart and hilarious for us aging Gen-Xers.

Yes, I too am an aging Gen-Xer who had a box of tapes that included Use Your Illusion and Led Zep II (although I don't like to be reminded of the AGING part :-D )

yeah, her star is shining. portlandia, portlandia live, wild flag. she's it. wild flag is a tight rock album. her blog over at npr a few years back is good too. i think she's also writing a memoir.

portlandia is great. really, really like it.

never listened to sleater-kinney but tried the wild flag album. maybe i'll give it another shot.

i'll have to follow her on twitter.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Janet Weiss just tweeted (@jazzhand) that she's leaving Sleater-Kinney. 

She wrote "the band is heading in a new direction and it is time for me to move on."

Wow!.

Looking forward to the new record. They have a big tour booked, too. Was kicking around the idea of going, but I admit Weiss' drumming is a huge part of me liking the band...

Wow!.

Looking forward to the new record. They have a big tour booked, too. Was kicking around the idea of going, but I admit Weiss' drumming is a huge part of me liking the band...

Agree 100%.  I hadn't yet bought tickets for the Boston show but I'm wondering if I should wait to hear the new record.  

I seriously think this is the first misstep in their career. I know some folks were thrown by One Beat, others by The Woods, but I love both and really thought they could do no wrong. The new songs sounded kind of lame on Fallon and it seems that's why one of the top 10 rock drummers is packing her bags.