Buying An effect pedal off of Ebay

Hi,

I am very new to buying stuff off of ebay, and I am interested in getting an effect pedal from a seller.

I was wondering in general are most people satisfied with the quality of the equipment that they received because that's my biggest fear in buying off of ebay.

I've purchased a few pedals on ebay and have had no problems. The main thing is to read the description carefully and only use sellers with a ton of positive feedback. I've only had one problem on ebay -- very recently actually -- purchasing some software. The guy never sent the item, but paypal refunded all of my money.

Have had 100 transactions on ebay, most guitar related...never had a serious issue...id hae to agree with what BWW said, read the listing thoroughly, and make sure the seller has plenty of positive feedback AS A SELLER...you can have 100% feedback with no sales...make sure to email questions and be 100% sure on return and shipping terms...

also, pay via paypal if possible...there is massive documentation on the entire sale, and if you somehow get shafted, there are options to get your money back

otherwise, go nuts, ive found numerous killer deals on ebay...and the truth is, effect pedals in general are extremely durable and are among the safer ebay buys

j

I bought a pedal on ebay last year. It was in like-new condition and I was happy with the transaction. Keep in mind, the shipping on those things is surprisingly expensive. In my case, I only saved a couple dollars compared to buying a new pedal. Depending on the purchase price, and if the item is something you can still buy in a music store, you might be better off just buying a new one.

I've bought several pedals from EBAY, but I have kind of gotten away from it lately because you really don't save much money.. Unless it's an old beat up pedal.. But if you want one that is relatively new, most of the time you'll be lucky if you save $10-$20 and you'll end up paying that in shipping.

But if you find a good deal on one, go for it. Normally, if it looks like it's in good shape from the pictures, you're good to go. For example, BOSS pedals pretty much last forever, so I have never thought twice about buying those used.

Good luck.

I recently bought a Rat and Boss tuner pedal, and both work great. Rowboat's advice is spot on - always try to buy from someone with a lot of positive feedback. I paid a couple bucks more for both pedals by avoiding people with zero feedback and choosing established sellers.

I also bought my Telecaster off of eBay, and aside from a couple of very small issues, I've been totally satisfied.