Hi all!

I am new to the forums as a participant, though I've been eavesdropping for quite some time. I was playing with the wonderful Seeqpod and ran across this track from Neu!:

Link to seeqpod playlist

Wonderful stuff, and the influence on Spiders is evident (though they have never hidden that fact).

In any case, I've enjoyed the forum's discussions immensely, and you all have turned me on to so much wonderful music. Thanks! :dancing

Boomoo

seems like an advertisement for whatever 'seeqpod' is. this post reminds me of the time that girl came on here posing as a random poster to post youtube videos of herself singing, and then made another account as herself to accept the compliments from her first fake account. that was good times.

but if it's a real fan that just wants to talk about Neu!, i apologize. and yes great band and yes great influence on spiders. but this should be probably be in the 'someone else's song' category. welcome to the boards.

seems like an advertisement for whatever 'seeqpod' is. this post reminds me of the time that girl came on here posing as a random poster to post youtube videos of herself singing, and then made another account as herself to accept the compliments from her first fake account. that was good times.

but if it's a real fan that just wants to talk about Neu!, i apologize.

Apology accepted :P

I only meant to provide some audio to accompany my comment regarding Spiders/Neu! No ulterior motives, I promise. How's this: "Seeqpod suxs! Never use Seeqpod! Seeqpod is sponsored by the RNC (and they called Wilco, gasp, "dad-rock")!" etc.? If I had more technical know-how, I would have FLAC-ed a snippet of the thing for download.

As an aside, my wife and I were just in a certain steakhouse (I won't mention the name, to avoid advertising the joint :shifty ) when, nuzzled in between the generic pop-country background music I heard..."How to Fight Loneliness." My wife just sighed, probably thinking "Is there any escaping Tweedy?" She'll come around one day, I just know it...

Boomoo

I'm to blame for her leaving! :shifty

I like the reverse delay/tape echo sound and muted wah.

My wife just sighed, probably thinking "Is there any escaping Tweedy?" She'll come around one day, I just know it...

Don't count on it. Even after trying for 6 years to convert her, her usual reply when she hears any song she doesn't like is, "Is this Wilco?" :ohwell

Oh, and welcome aboard.

Apology accepted

I only meant to provide some audio to accompany my comment regarding Spiders/Neu! No ulterior motives, I promise. How's this: "Seeqpod suxs! Never use Seeqpod! Seeqpod is sponsored by the RNC (and they called Wilco, gasp, "dad-rock")!" etc.? If I had more technical know-how, I would have FLAC-ed a snippet of the thing for download.

good to hear :lol there's been quite a few people promoting things on here throughout the years so you can understand where i was coming from.

I'm to blame for her leaving!

way to go oceanman. although that was probably my favorite thread of all time.

good to hear :lol there's been quite a few people promoting things on here throughout the years so you can understand where i was coming from.

way to go oceanman. although that was probably my favorite thread of all time.

Aman asked her if she was related to J Mascis in the t-shirt thread.......that was funniest shit ever! I got PM's for days................Who is this guy and why would I be related to him, should I be insulted?

I wish we still had that pic! All boobs and ice cream!

Actually it was a member of Wilco who illuminated for me just how unimportant and key stroke wasting it was to try and win over his cult like devoted, but ok...

Ya know, I tried so hard to get into Bug when it was released, but just never did..All my coolest Punk Rock friends LOVED it, and as I trusted their judgment, I listened to it a number of times, but guess my ear and that record never did connect.

That would be why I really wouldn't have an immediate recognition of Jay Mascus today. Perhaps I should revisit Bug as it's been many years since..

Obviously lurk on this board about once or twice a week as you guys tend to post some neat links.

Alright then, going to a show tonight..

Have fun kids

:-)

As always!

Self promotion is one thing, but selling yourself like a prostitue is another. I felt bad for a minute but she bugs the hell out of me.

And by the way.......you are the cult like stalkers Jeff was refering to!

Edit:These uber type fan girls are really turning me off to Wilco. It's gone beyond soriety..........this shit is actually hip!

. this post reminds me of the time that girl came on here posing as a random poster to post youtube videos of herself singing, and then made another account as herself to accept the compliments from her first fake account. that was good times.

This one.......something along the line of......Hey, check out this cute youtube clip of a girl singing about Wilco, turns out she was the poster and completly fn' anoying.