Wilco, 5/17/08, the Pageant -- St. Louis

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That big group shot is missing you, though!! Siiiiiiiigh. Next time...

I met M Chris and Clouds and they were every bit as sweet and wonderful and amazing as I thought they'd be!! :wub

Oh Elizabeth! You definitely needed to be there! Kim and I tried to carry on the curly-haired duties, but it's hard to do with 1/3 of the group missing.

I knew M Chris and Clouds would get tickets, just because how could two such incredibly sweet people be denied?

I'm going to change my name to Chunks

That was me. :thumbup I think my husband wants to be adopted by your family.

Robin,

Where is the picture of me that you took to send to Jen? I need it too, to add to my pregnant collection.

It was on my hard drive because I forgot to upload it. :) Here it is, along with the group shot that really shows off Lyric. I'll email bigger versions to you so you can print them.

2505951771_dffa3c4e3a.jpg

2504004752_6051fd9b10.jpg

It was great to get to meet so many VCers over the last few days! Hopefully our paths will cross again soon, and the shows will be as amazing as these last three were. My head is still spinning!

I think you have a Nels story you need to share with the group, young lady. :shifty Are you going to Montreal?

I'm missing everyone in a big, big way today.

No kidding. Some airport they've got, huh? I spent a lot of time in it yesterday!!

I raced out of Lambert so fast on Saturday, it's all a blur! Was your flight delayed yesterday? Rob and I road tripped it back, which was actually not bad.

shows will be up on wilcoworld tomorrow!!!!

I'm looking forward to this.

It's been said before, but bears repeating: Wilco peoples is good people. :thumbup I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of you, although I'm wishing I could place more faces and names now. Never has three days of line-standing been so much damn fun! :)

I love that while I was peeing, I could tell from the conversation in the bathroom that Laurie, Hoback Jct. and Cathy were in the restroom, and that they had no problems with me yelling, "Hey! Are you Laurie from Boston? I'm Poppydawn!" Nothing like hanging out in the john and gossiping with new internet friends long enough to make everyone wonder if I fell in. :thumbup

Hey there - what's wrong with making new friends in the bathroom?!!!! I think it can get dicey if you are a pol though.

While peeing, I was eavesdropping and quickly realized that the other women in the bathroom are on the same Wilco message board as me. Mid-stream I yelled, "I'm Poppydawn!" (my screen name). We hung out long enough to make people worry about our well-being.

Who were the other people? (Screen names please, I get all confused on real names.)

I'm very jealous about all these great shows going on right now. There's no LA show in the que yet, and they're on such an incredible run right now I'd hate to miss out on it. C'mon down between SF and Ireland boys! You've got a few days... it'll be fun! I'll even have you over to my place for a BBQ in the backyard!

Who were the other people? (Screen names please, I get all confused on real names.)

Snaggletooth, Hoback Junction, and Laurie. Here's a picture of Snaggletooth, me, and HJ in the john:

2503186673_e7c1434fa1.jpg

I raced out of Lambert so fast on Saturday, it's all a blur! Was your flight delayed yesterday? Rob and I road tripped it back, which was actually not bad.

No, I actually went early and flew on standby, so after being denied a seat on two full flights I got out on one that was 4.5 hours earlier than what I was supposed to be on. :thumbup I forgot you were roadtripping back!

:blush We need to have a curly-haired convention ASAP.

I know just the event, too!

Great Lakes Brew Fest or I think Robin has a lead on a festival in Indiana... what was it, a sauerkraut one? :yay Anyway, it takes place beneath the beautiful pollution-billowing towers of northwest Indiana. :ermm

I'm very jealous about all these great shows going on right now. There's no LA show in the que yet, and they're on such an incredible run right now I'd hate to miss out on it. C'mon down between SF and Ireland boys! You've got a few days... it'll be fun! I'll even have you over to my place for a BBQ in the backyard!

I was just thinking today how lucky I feel to live in the midwest (doesn't happen often :lol), if for no other reason than the 2 Wilco shows I got to see last week, both for the amazing shows and the people I got to hang with.

Great Lakes Brew Fest or I think Robin has a lead on a festival in Indiana... what was it, a sauerkraut one? :yay Anyway, it takes place beneath the beautiful pollution-billowing towers of northwest Indiana. :ermm

Not sauerkraut. Pierogies! :thumbup I think we'd do better with beer. Perhaps Kate and Tam can look into getting perms before then so they'll blend in with us.

I was just thinking today how lucky I feel to live in the midwest (doesn't happen often :lol), if for no other reason than the 2 Wilco shows I got to see last week, both for the amazing shows and the people I got to hang with.

I've always said that my favorite part about living in the St. Louis area is you can escape in just about any direction and hit another city within five hours. :) You can do a lot of fun shit with five hours' notice.

Stupid question: Is there a way to capture these for posterity? I'd love to be able to listen to the shows over and over!

you can use a program like wiretap pro if you're on a mac or wait for the tapers to release their versions.

Stupid question: Is there a way to capture these for posterity? I'd love to be able to listen to the shows over and over!

The tapers will (before I finish this sentence -- don't rush them, just an fyi, they do great work so the rest of us can have the recordings) anyway, the tapers will eventually release their torrents, which you can find links to in the In A Future Age section. If you're not familiar with how to torrent, there is good info in the pinned section of that forum.

PS, Kingpin is my absolute hands-down favorite live Wilco song -- I'm the curly redhead twentysomething always going nuts as soon as I see the telltale Kingpin guitars come on stage. So nice name! :thumbup

The tapers will (before I finish this sentence -- don't rush them, just an fyi, they do great work so the rest of us can have the recordings) anyway, the tapers will eventually release their torrents, which you can find links to in the In A Future Age section. If you're not familiar with how to torrent, there is good info in the pinned section of that forum.

PS, Kingpin is my absolute hands-down favorite live Wilco song -- I'm the curly redhead twentysomething always going nuts as soon as I see the telltale Kingpin guitars come on stage. So nice name! :thumbup

Thanks for the compliment! I'm familiar with torrents and am grateful for all of the tapers' hard work. I just assumed that the ones going up on wilcoworld would be soundboard and not from condenser mics. I wanted the best quality, especially from the Saturday night show.

Don't get me wrong...Brewfest AND Pierogiefest sound fabulous, but I think we're going to need something that takes place in the not-so-distant future. :yes

Perhaps Kate and Tam can look into getting perms before then so they'll blend in with us.

:heehee

Not sauerkraut. Pierogies! :thumbup I think we'd do better with beer. Perhaps Kate and Tam can look into getting perms before then so they'll blend in with us.

Ahhh, I knew it was something not-sauerkraut. And have you seen Tam's facebook pic? Something tells me she's got some perms in her past. :cheekkiss

Don't get me wrong...Brewfest AND Pierogiefest sound fabulous, but I think we're going to need something that takes place in the not-so-distant future. :yes

:yay For sure!!

You live out in Wentzville?

Yup, pretty much my whole life. There are very few of us around the St. Charles area but were good people. I wen't to St. Pats in grade school and switched around from school to school for a period of time, hell, I even did my junior year at St. Dominics! I live on DD and D near Hwy N. You play any music?

Ahhh, I knew it was something not-sauerkraut. And have you seen Tam's facebook pic? Something tells me she's got some perms in her past. :cheekkiss

I didn't want to be the one to mention that. :shifty

As long as I'm not on one of my adventures (there aren't many planned this summer), my home is always open for curly-headed gatherings. I'm good n' central.

Pineapple bangs! Pineapple bangs!

Like me, you obviously had a lot of power at your school, Tam. Bang height = power. Everyone loves power. Everyone loves cake. And everyone loves really really tall bangs. :thumbup

:cheekkiss That Facebook photo makes me want to figure out how to use my scanner and post a picture in tall hair solidarity.

I think you have a Nels story you need to share with the group, young lady. :shifty Are you going to Montreal?

I'm missing everyone in a big, big way today.

The short version of it is that Nels wants to be my new best friend.

I'm taking off again in a few weeks to catch about half of his tour with the Singers. Not only is he not freaked out about the fact that I keep chasing him, he's thrilled that I'm coming. Carla Bozulich's band Evangelista is playing the night before the Singers' show in Montreal, and he's going to be playing with them, too. The Grand Prix is there that weekend, and there's not a hotel below $300 in the city for that night, so I can't afford it, even though I'm coming the next night for the Singers show. When I told him that, he said "I really want you to be there. We'll get you there." I laughed, then he said "No, I'm serious. Let's talk next time I see you. We'll figure something out."

So apparently Nels is taking me to Montreal :lol

He told me Saturday night that he's not signing any more autographs for me because we're friends now. :wub

That is the coolest damn thing from the entire weekend, Maggie! :thumbup