Wilco, 5/17/08, the Pageant -- St. Louis

Ben's in Belleville runs 50% off custom frame specials fairly often. I expected to see a coupon for one in Sunday's paper because of Art on the Square. It'll probably be next week. I've had all of my Wilco show prints done there. They do an awesome job and I've never paid more than $70.

Someone told me Michael's has good deals on framing too....apparently I should start reading the newspaper so I can cash in on some coupons. People keep telling me there is important stuff in those things. And as far as the inappropriate comment about 'Chunks' the dog... I just dont get how you can name a Shitzuh 'Chunks'. That dog has to have psychological problems. I hope my memory is right and the dog is a Shitzuh.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone told me Michael's has good deals on framing too....apparently I should start reading the newspaper so I can cash in on some coupons. People keep telling me there is important stuff in those things.

I only bought the Sunday paper to see if the Belleville News-Democrat mentioned the triumphant sold-out three-night-stand of its native son (it didn't) and if it had Ben's coupons. However, all the framers at Ben's recognize me and they're nice about giving me a head's up on when they're running specials.

And as far as the inappropriate comment about 'Chunks' the dog... I just dont get how you can name a Shitzuh 'Chunks'. That dog has to have psychological problems. I hope my memory is right and the dog is a Shitzuh.

I can't think of a better name for any dog than Chunks.

I just realized that in every VC picture ever taken I am wearing the same two t-shirts. Will someone take me shopping? Good Will.........anything!

I just realized that in every VC picture ever taken I am wearing the same two t-shirts. Will someone take me shopping? Good Will.........anything!

Yeah, but you're incognito with the beard, so no one would even know!

Anyone listening right now to Night 3 over on Wilcoworld. Just so ya know....I am one of the beautiful voices at about 18:00 in (Hummingbird) when Jeff put the microphone in front of the faces of the two lovely ladies in front of me. And I need to share my after show story as well if you will bear with me. First off, I have seen maybe 25 shows at the Pageant and it was the first time I stood in the pit, and almost on the rail at that (thanks to Chris and Jen for inspiring me to do so). After the show I caught a drumstick...not the one thrown by Glenn but one that the drum tech through which is pretty cool at any rate. Went out to the parking lot AGAIN after the show and Jeff walked up to me and said "you look familiar, you have been out here after all 3 shows right? Would you like a picture?" I about hit the floor that he recognized me. So, I was pretty stoked to meet the band all 3 nights, have 3 posters signed which will cost me dearly in framing costs, catch a drumstick, and see some amazing shows. Thanks guys..now I am hooked on 3 night stands (one night stands just dont cut it)

-B

:cheekkiss we had a blast with you! you can be our blocker boys any time!

i love your jeff story too. isn't he the coolest?

i didn't put two and two together that you (who we hung with in line) and oceanman are one and the same person.

it was great meeting you! :cheers

:cheekkiss we had a blast with you! you can be our blocker boys any time!

Haha..it sure beat sitting next to ol' Jerry Garcia / Kenny Rogers in the first row of stools, though no knocks to that gentleman, he was quite the nice guy. The gambler!

Probably coulda used more drunk chicks screamin' in frequencies only dogs could hear though. And more Retribution Freedom Singers Soul Choir, or whatever their name was.

:D

Hey....I believe I met you and several other VCers in the line at all 3 of these Pageant shows. Perhaps you remember me best as 'Dr. Dentist from Alton, IL'....or the kid with the Cubs hat. Anyways, I am trying to figure out who some of the cool people I met at these shows are. And...my money says you are one of them. :-)

Brendan

Hey Brendan--I met you in the venue on Saturday night. :wave The chunks guy--that's my husband. (I admit these things because I love him.)

My biggest regret from these shows is that I did not pick up one of those sweet StL Brown knock off Wilco Caps!!! DAMMIT!!! :realmad

I love mine. :dancing

i didn't put two and two together that you (who we hung with in line) and oceanman are one and the same person.

Don't feel bad. He pulled that schtick on me at the KC show last fall. That's the way he works.

Haha..it sure beat sitting next to ol' Jerry Garcia / Kenny Rogers in the first row of stools, though no knocks to that gentleman, he was quite the nice guy. The gambler!

That dude could dance!

I kid you not - I'm such a damn girl that, while listening to "Jesus, Etc." today in my car, I started to fucking cry. I miss last weekend and all you people.

Anyone listening right now to Night 3 over on Wilcoworld. Just so ya know....I am one of the beautiful voices at about 18:00 in (Hummingbird) when Jeff put the microphone in front of the faces of the two lovely ladies in front of me. And I need to share my after show story as well if you will bear with me. First off, I have seen maybe 25 shows at the Pageant and it was the first time I stood in the pit, and almost on the rail at that (thanks to Chris and Jen for inspiring me to do so). After the show I caught a drumstick...not the one thrown by Glenn but one that the drum tech through which is pretty cool at any rate. Went out to the parking lot AGAIN after the show and Jeff walked up to me and said "you look familiar, you have been out here after all 3 shows right? Would you like a picture?" I about hit the floor that he recognized me. So, I was pretty stoked to meet the band all 3 nights, have 3 posters signed which will cost me dearly in framing costs, catch a drumstick, and see some amazing shows. Thanks guys..now I am hooked on 3 night stands (one night stands just dont cut it)

-B

Hey I was right near you. In a move uncharacteristic to me, I moved toward the mic to sing along. Brendan, it nice to meet you. I was in front of you in line on Friday, and near you in the pit on the Saturday show.

I haven't posted much, but I was at the Residency shows with my boyfriend (and hung out at the Fat Cat the last night of the Residency). I think I might have met some of you fine people then. A bunch of familiar faces, just not sure who all of you were.

Poppydawn, it was nice to meet you too. Hello to Courtney from L.A., if you're out there. Nice to see some of the Residency crew that I already knew.

As for the Pageant, I was floored. I thought it was an amazing intimate venue. The only drawback for me was the smoke. I just have a hard time with it anymore. Other than that, amazing show!

i am glad i was to short to be heard in the hummingbird sing along. and hopes that dr. dentist friend still talks to him.

This must be Alison (sorry if its 2 L's)....and yes, my friend still talks to me. He didn't see me having a good time ;-). Thanks again for saving those nice seats by the tapers for me and my friend....i'm sure the people i gave them to were very happy! Life is better in the front row what can I say

-B

Happeningstone:

Your husband cracked me up for quite some time while in line that afternoon, and inspired me to do something i will likely never do again....Buy a 6 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon bottles and drink on the street. I felt like a traitor drinking a Miller product on the streets of St. Louis.

Redlinetoheaven:

I remember you and your boyfriend on both nights...it was very nice to meet you both! :-)

:lol we loved that guy!

I haven't posted much, but I was at the Residency shows with my boyfriend (and hung out at the Fat Cat the last night of the Residency). I think I might have met some of you fine people then. A bunch of familiar faces, just not sure who all of you were.

Hey! Rob and I were wondering if you'd shine around. :wave

Happeningstone:

Your husband cracked me up for quite some time while in line that afternoon, and inspired me to do something i will likely never do again....Buy a 6 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon bottles and drink on the street. I felt like a traitor drinking a Miller product on the streets of St. Louis.

Yeah, he's kind of like a drinking muse, isn't he? :beer

Yeah, he's kind of like a drinking muse, isn't he? :beer

He inspired Brian, that's for sure! :thumbup I think we were there about three seconds before Rob shoved a beer in Brian's hand.

This must be Alison (sorry if its 2 L's)....and yes, my friend still talks to me. He didn't see me having a good time ;-). Thanks again for saving those nice seats by the tapers for me and my friend....i'm sure the people i gave them to were very happy! Life is better in the front row what can I say

-B

it is 2 L's

and funny enough, the jerry garcia guy was very helpful to me, you guys had a different experience?

it is 2 L's

and funny enough, the jerry garcia guy was very helpful to me, you guys had a different experience?

Sorry Allison

Funny there is talk about that guy...but, my friend who came to the show said and I quote "you look like someone famous"....and the jerry garcia replied rather angrily "no I dont!"

And then we quit talking to him. He was a bit too edgy.

I think he came out with my favorite line from the whole weekend: "Oh man, I forgot my Depends. I love watching Wilco and peeing at the same time. It's awesome!" :lol

i'm so glad you remember that! i was trying to figure it out!

I agree with M. Christine..especially when you go around promising to be naked...and it takes me hours to realize it's you because you are clothed and quiet!

Yeah, sorry for the quiet thing. I mean no disrespect at all, it takes me along time to feel comfortable around people I don't know. I have a fear of large crowds and meeting new people, it took a few years to feel comfortable around any VCer's..............I pretty much held on to M Chris for dear life at that show. I'm not one to usualy stand in line all day or ride the rail for shows unless she is there. She is one hell of a blanket for me in public.....is the scene but not the scene, stand back and waite your turn kind of girl.

Your good people! :thumbup and very kind! Thanks

it was great meeting you! :cheers

Back at you :cheekkiss

It's okay. Big crowds aren't my thing either. I was glad to meet Three dollars so right off I didn't have to introduce myself to anyone in a crowd. When I went to see Wilco in Des Moines i went alone so I forced myself to meet at least one person, and ended up having her help me get up closer later on when a couple left.

It was cool meeting you...especially after i caught on to who the heck you were in VC World. :)