Guest Cousin Tupelo
Though the NL West is also tight like all the others (AL Central is also a little more spread, but not like the AL West) the NL West is most likely the worst of all the divisions. I mean, the leading team is under .500. Seriously.

Unfortunately the Cubs don't have them to beat up on anymore. They have to earn some victories.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dumb observation, but in looking at those pics, such elegant handwriting by the Babe and other players. Obviously using a fountain pen of some sort (and not a Sharpie). To these guys, they can't possibly thing "There's $10 bucks" every time they sign their name, yet a throwaway autograph takes enough time to be legible.

i'm glad you appreciate that part. handwriting was a real art form in those days. i'm not even sure they knew it. it has fallen beneath the wheels of the computer-age bus. i can't even read my own handwriting anymore, and the fountain pens i once loved so much sit dried up in a drawer.

I'd take him on the Tigers without a second thought.

I was in Detroit over the weekend for a family thing and caught White Sox @ Tigers yesterday before hitting the road and heading home. It was awesome. Best seats I've had there in several years.

Guest Jules
Apparently the Braves have been scouting the Marlins AAA team real hard. This is interesting, because Dallas McPherson is the only person worth a damn down there, and he leads the entire minor leagues with 33 home runs.

Yeah, what's the deal with McPherson? I was holding onto him in my keeper league for a while, but I couldn't wait any longer. Is Atlanta interested?

I take it he would need an injury to Cantu or someone else to be called up?

Yeah, what's the deal with McPherson? I was holding onto him in my keeper league for a while, but I couldn't wait any longer. Is Atlanta interested?

I take it he would need an injury to Cantu or someone else to be called up?

Mike Jacobs is fucking awful, but apparently 38 home runs isn't enough to get the call. Ugh.

When we were in Detroit, we did manage to get some pictures of the partially demolished Tiger Stadium after we left Comerica Park (the north wall is completely gone -- the rest still intact for now). Forgot to bring the camera to the game so the pictures are on a disposable that we bought down there, but I'll post some pics here once we develop it.

matt or dan - any clue what happened with Maine tonight? He was pitching great, and didn't look hurt. Manuel just trying to show him what's what?

Nothing has been said yet. Speculation was someone saw something they did not like in Maine's motion.

Nothing has been said yet. Speculation was someone saw something they did not like in Maine's motion.

Man, if I'm a Mets fan, I can't feel too happy about 4 and thirds innings from my pen without an explanation.

another homer tonight

some day sya hate the thought of trding Dunn, but we just don't win with him, and

like most teams we need pitching.

You don't win in spite of him being awesome at baseball. It's not his fault.

peecalvinbullpen.jpg

Other current players who the Reds have not won with:

Everybody.

I'm just sayin'.

Dunn has been the best player on that team for pretty much his whole career (though maybe this year that should not include pitchers). A lot of the hatred of him is based solely on the fact that he is shitty in one stat category that means almost nothing.

I hate watching the Marlins in Miami. They are one of the sloppiest teams I have ever seen, playing in a bizarre building that is too big, and yet they win, and it
Matt Cerrone's words, but I agree. Get you tomorrow.

I mean, sure. That 8th inning was anything but ugly baseball.

I don't care how we win, as long as we do.

And ripping on a football stadium that we rent is kind of pointless. Maybe if our stadium is ugly in 2011, you can say that, but for now, let it go. Like Shea isn't a dump anyways.

And I don't really know who matt Cerrone is, but I'm not too concerned.