Wilco in the jumble the other day

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the WILCO t-shirt reminded me of this story I found that sorta suggest my kid looks silly in a WILCO t-shirt.Like I am a coolness pusher or something.Hey, my kid loves her WILCO ice-cream cone t-shirt.She just wore it to get ice-cream.How cool is that?

They say "Kids much prefer a Dora the Explorer shirt than a Wilco or CBGB shirt".

http://www.nbc11.com/msnbchealth/14293011/detail.html

2ns6mwn.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Q for JAK -- are you any good at Jumbles? Do they make you figure it out before you create your illustration?

No, I don't have to figure them out, luckily. I do play it everyday in the paper. Since I work a few months in advance it's always a nice surprise to see what I drew today.

Very cool, JAK. My family will be amused to learn of this connection between two of my obsessions. The universe is starting to make sense...

I'm a little concerned, because isn't "the universe starting to make sense" one of the signs of the Apocalypse?

Regardless, I like the Jumble cartoon art! Good Wilco-promoting, JAK! :thumbup

Very cool, JAK. My family will be amused to learn of this connection between two of my obsessions. The universe is starting to make sense...

There's a bit of that syngery in eating at Chiptole (my favorite casual dining experience these days) and hearing a Wilco / UT song piped in there (which happens pretty frequently).

No, I don't have to figure them out, luckily. I do play it everyday in the paper. Since I work a few months in advance it's always a nice surprise to see what I drew today.

That's great :lol

Do the editors know Wilco too or do they think you are just randomly putting the letters on someone's T-shirt?

That's great :lol

Do the editors know Wilco too or do they think you are just randomly putting the letters on someone's T-shirt?

The guy who I send the artwork to is probably hip enough to know who they are. The rest, not so much. One of the marching orders I was given when I started as the cartoonist (22 months ago) was to bring it into the 21st century. If Wilco in the Jumble isn't 21st century modernization, I don't know what is? I also put Frank Orrall, from Poi Dog Pondering, in a bunch of puzzles. He's also a friend and creative muse.