My Morning Jacket...

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the new record is amazing. Love every track. Jim has stepped it up. Hope they swing back East in the Spring.

new record coming. I unfortunately missed this tour, but have watched lots of live vids. This band is just relentless. I've always loved Jim's writing & singing, the whole band is now right up the

My wife and I saw them in Santa Barbara and they were just ON FIRE. We have seen them lots of times including NYE in Denver, Red Rocks, Jazzfest in NOLA and multiple times around LA - this show was am

• 3 months later...

In my opinion, MMJ is one of the very best live bands going right now. Their ability to absolutely blow roofs off of venues on any given night is almost unparalleled. My wife and I are going to the 2 night run at red rocks in May and couldn't be more excited. Perfect band for that space.

Not making Red Rocks this year, nor the two shows in Louisville this spring, either.  I'm hoping they do some indoor theater shows at the end of the year.  The band minus Jim are going to back Ray Lamontagne on his summer tour, so no Jacket shows in the summer other than the few festivals.  I see they are gonna do Lockn this year.  After all that is done, I hope they'll want to do a run at Cap Theater Port Chester.

A year with no live Wilco nor any live My Morning Jacket for me so far and there will not be unless either band pulls out some end of the year multi-night runs in an indoor venue.

I wish they'd announce this shit, its hard to plan my year without that info!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Not making Red Rocks this year, nor the two shows in Louisville this spring, either.  I'm hoping they do some indoor theater shows at the end of the year.  The band minus Jim are going to back Ray Lamontagne on his summer tour, so no Jacket shows in the summer other than the few festivals.  I see they are gonna do Lockn this year.  After all that is done, I hope they'll want to do a run at Cap Theater Port Chester.

A year with no live Wilco nor any live My Morning Jacket for me so far and there will not be unless either band pulls out some end of the year multi-night runs in an indoor venue.

I wish they'd announce this shit, its hard to plan my year without that info!!!

I scored tickets for Ray Lamontagne in Seattle yesterday. I was unaware that MMJ was going to be backing him up. Think this is going to a real good one.

• 2 weeks later...

It still moves get the deluxe reissue treatment May 27th...

Hello Friends!

We hope April 4th is everything you wanted and more. Only about three more weeks until we see all of your beautiful faces back out on the road. This morning we announced the reissue of It Still Moves remixed and remastered as a special deluxe package including new artwork and exclusive photos. Out on May 27th, the special release includes ten of Jim’s original demos plus three never-before-heard demos from the original sessions. 

For Jim ISM is the only album that he feels may have been left somewhat unfinished. With that, Jim has revisited and tweaked all of the old material, creating a new version that displays an increased strength and clarity. We hope y’all enjoy. Pre-order starts today on iTunesAmazon, and in the My Morning Jacket Store. As an added bonus those that pre-order It Still Moves in the MMJ online store will automatically be entered to win tickets to the upcoming shows of their choice.

Check out remixed and remastered versions of Mahgeetah andGolden. Until next time. 

Your Pals, 

Jim, Tom, Patrick, Carl, and Bo

• 1 month later...

Ok my other jacket fans on this board... we went to their hometown shows in Louisville last weekend and they were some of the best shows I've ever seen period! The band is completely on fire and having a blast. Jim is much more mobile than last year and sounds better than ever. If you are planning on attending the red rocks shows as we are, you're going to be blown away. If you're not planning on attending... you should reconsider.

So jealous of those going to the Red Rocks 2016 shows.  Unfortunately it's not in the cards for me this year, but I'm still basking in the glow of the 3+ hour epic rager that was Red Rocks 2015.  Hope to make it back out to CO to see them again in the future.  Enjoy it if you're going!

My Morning Jacket’s One Big Holiday
Tropical Concert Vacation Returns to Mexico
February 4-8, 2017 at
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Also Featuring Gary Clark Jr., The Head and the Heart, Kurt Vile
& the Violators, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Deer Tick, Lucius,
Carl Broemel, Merrill Garbus (of Tune-Yards) DJ Set

Event On Sale to the Public
June 8, 2016 at 12pm ET

In partnership, Cloud 9 Adventures and The Bowery Presents have announced the lineup and event details of the third edition of One Big Holiday, My Morning Jacket’s tropical concert vacation held over four-nights from February 4-8, 2017 at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, an all-inclusive resort & spa located in the beautiful Riviera Maya region of Mexico. My Morning Jacket will be performing three full shows, joined by a stacked lineup that includes Gary Clark Jr., The Head and the Heart, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Deer Tick, and Lucius. In addition, Carl Broemel will be performing a sunset setand Merrill Garbus (of Tune-Yards) will be performing a late night DJ Set. The party won’t stop after the main stage shows end, as late-night jams and DJ sets will occur nightly.

Extending beyond the main stage, this intimate fan experience will contain a full schedule of exciting happenings, including artist-hosted activitiesworkshops, poolside games,cooking demos, theme nights, with more to be announced. In addition, a special viewing party will again be planned for America’s biggest football game of the year. My Morning Jacket guest chefs Bobby Benjamin and Chad Welch from Butchertown Grocery will be providing a specially curated feast for the big game. Post-event, every guest will receive a download code for each My Morning Jacket show at One Big Holiday, as to be redeemed by Live Downloads.

What are your feelings on the remix/remaster of It Still Moves?

I haven't heard any of their pre-Z stuff - Z was the first album I bought.

Good reviews and a cheap price made me take a chance on Z (I think it was $7.99 on CD at Best Buy).

• 1 month later...

Okonokos reissue now? I don't know that it needs or warrants s reissue.

Okonokos is a great live album and not readily available on vinyl,  so a re-issue solves that for many die hard fans.  Over on the MMJ forum, it's a hot topic.

i'll trade my copy for a mint Vertigo pressing of the first Sabbath record, or Vol 4.

You may want to head over there and make an offer, it's not worth what it was a week ago with the re-press news, but I've heard of some paying good money for a copy.

what's good money? looking at discogs, most are priced at $200 or so. is that realistic?

there are a couple of records on Discogs that I could use, and $200 would make a nice dent in that total.

I don't buy vinyl, that's an expensive habit 

eh, looks like the re-press is $48 from Bull Moose... looks like i was a few months late w/ this.

yes, and there are no additional tracks the re-press