your covers of songs...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I think I figured it out (tell me if this doesn't work :lol ).

This is just me, my guitar, a crappy solid state practice amp, a Dr. Rhythm drum machine and a Tascam cassette 4 track recorder.

My instrumental version of Radiohead's Paranoid Android

P.S. It took me so long to figure this out that I don't have time right now to hear your cover. I'll check it out and comment either later tonight or tomorrow as I have to run out now.

It's really rough, I recorded it in maybe an hour on a whim, basically I recorded the guitar and vocal part, triple-tracked some violins, then added a quick electric thing and the lead-ish guitar at the end, but here:

When the Roses Bloom Again

I'm in a bit of a tight situation so I'll get to hearing the others later :)

i did this at my last gig... "Color of A Lonley Heart Is Blue" off the newest Old 97's record.

anybody else have any good covers you love to do? :)

Sarah, that was beautiful. Nice work!

Here is another one of mine. I don't have as beautiful a singing voice as you do so I tend to stick to my little 4 track at home and concentrate on guitar.

1983 (A Merman I Should Turn To Be) ... just the jam

Here is my cover of The National's "Start a War."

First song on the Muxtape list

Drew, how did you record that? It's really good and I really like the strings. Did you play that yourself?

This is my solo/acoustic version of Dan Penn's "Dark End Of the Street".

Starts a little shakey, but I settled down.

And, there was somebody else who covered one of MY songs: "I Do".

That was kinda cool. (My original is more along the lines of Everly Bros by way of Nick Lowe.)

I tried to upload an old MP3 to muxtape, but it didn't recognize it as an MP3 (??), so I uploaded on my teacher page. It won't be up long since storage is limited. It's a friend of mine and I about 22 years ago (aged 16) playing Chicago's 25 or 6 to 4. It's very strange. We had never heard the real song! I think it's pretty funny, but maybe it's a "you had to be there" kind of a thing.

Here's my cover of My Darling that I posted a while back.

I'm a little unhappy with the DI guitar sound, but other than that's it's a nice little recording. :)

Nice version, Lam.

I'm curious as to how many folks are actually listening to these, or is everyone just posting their links and then staying away?

:stunned

Now I gotta go listen to more folks.

I really like my bands cover of Becks The Golden Age

I'm digging that, too!

Very nice work. I really enjoy the slide; nice and spacey.

And the "25 or 6 to 4" cover is hillarious! Sound like something that I would have done when I was 16, too. (And you and I are the same age, pifin. So, the same timeframe.)

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=bobbob1414&p=d

I did 9 covers during the last few weeks of the semester, and they are all there.

Including:

Wilco- Sky Blue Sky

Wilco- The Lonely 1

Ryan Adams- Nobody Girl

Bright Eyes- Lua

The Flaming Lips- Waiting For A Superman

David Bowie- Space Oddity

Cold War Kids- We Used To Vacation

Beatles- Blackbird

The Clash- Train In Vain

I really like my bands cover of Becks The Golden Age

I'm digging that, too!

Very nice work. I really enjoy the slide; nice and spacey.

I love the vocal on it, it's incredible, we set up a single 57 and he nailed it first take with the acoustic same take. I put bucketloads of reverb on my guitar to cover mistakes since I've never really tried to play slide before but it came out pretty nice. one of those lovely accidents i think

Drew, how did you record that? It's really good and I really like the strings. Did you play that yourself?

Thanks.

I recorded it in Garageband. Acoustic guitar and vocals were recorded with a USB condenser mic. Piano was recorded on my korg keyboard running into my computer and the strings were, unfortunately, not real and played on my keyboard. But I'm glad they sound good enough.

Thanks.

I recorded it in Garageband. Acoustic guitar and vocals were recorded with a USB condenser mic. Piano was recorded on my korg keyboard running into my computer and the strings were, unfortunately, not real and played on my keyboard. But I'm glad they sound good enough.

they sound really good, i was sure they were real strings