Billy Joel - The Stranger

I always thought of Joel more as a good singles artist, which is probably why I only ever liked a few of his records all the way through. For me his greatest hits 1&2 were all I needed to satisfy my fix.

Elton John on the other hand appealed to my musical senses a bit more, especially the 70s output which yielded a lot of great records. He sort of lost me in the 80s with slick pop songs such as I'm Still Standing and I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues--The songs were well crafted for sure, but they didn't do a thing for me. Nevertheless, he has a handful of records that still stand up nicely.

I gotta give a shout out to my personal favorite Joel tune -- Summer, Highland Falls. :pirate

I feel like when it comes to ol' Billy, being a New Yorker (or at least having some New York roots) definitely helps...

Also, Turnstiles is an awful record.

Any record that has "New York State Of Mind" and " Summer, Highland Falls" on it cannot be awful.

I gotta give a shout out to my personal favorite Joel tune -- Summer, Highland Falls.

That one's up there for me as well.

Billy Joel is the reason I am a music fan. I mean, at an age when I was open to music, his music was played in the house and in the car and I was hooked. I remember being 9 and having just heard "Ballad of Billy The Kid", I took the cassette from my parent's car and listened to it on my portable tape player probably 25 times in a row for the next 3 days.

I bought a copy of the Eagles' One of These Nights on vinyl this weekend. I listened to my dad's copy a lot as a kid, so it has sentimental value for me. My only beef with the Eagles is their ego. I'm sure its interesting to see them live, but why would I pay 100 bucks to see them live when I can listen to one of the records for free and it sounds exactly the same?

Heck I wouldn't ever go see the Eagles...but then again I wouldn't ever go see Billy Joel either...although I am sure the Shea Stadium shows will be fun in a weird sort of way.

LouieB

Heck I wouldn't ever go see the Eagles...but then again I wouldn't ever go see Billy Joel either...although I am sure the Shea Stadium shows will be fun in a weird sort of way.

LouieB

I saw the Eagles a month or so ago and they put on a good show. They play 30 or so songs and it clocks in at over 2 and a half hours. I think they sounded pretty good in concert and the crowd enjoyed it....

I saw the Eagles a month or so ago and they put on a good show. They play 30 or so songs and it clocks in at over 2 and a half hours. I think they sounded pretty good in concert and the crowd enjoyed it....
There you go...

LouieB