NFL Thread (2008 edition)

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can kick the shit out of a punter......if you touch the ball in the process.

I'm a cowboys fan. :frusty

Interesting. I never knew that.

How about the set of nuts on Folk with that bomb he made at the end of regulation?

Interesting. I never knew that.

How about the set of nuts on Folk with that bomb he made at the end of regulation?

No shit! Maybe he can loan one of them to Romo. I still don't understand why he was holding on to the ball forever like it was Jessica Simpsons ass!

No shit! Maybe he can loan one of them to Romo. I still don't understand why he was holding on to the ball forever like it was Jessica Simpsons ass!

His inability to hold onto the football is a major problem. In all fairness, their O-line was the suck today, and got to Romo too easily and often.

Romo out 4 weeks

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=471368

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has a broken finger on his throwing hand and will be out as many as four weeks, sources tell SN's Clifton Brown.

Brad Johnson, a 17-year league veteran, is Romo's backup. Johnson has not played a game for Dallas this season.

Romo broke his pinkie in Sunday's 30-24 overtime loss to Arizona. He was sacked three times and hit eight other times, at least. Romo said he suffered the injury on the first play of overtime, when he was sacked and fumbled.

"When people are around you every play and they hit you, half the time they hit you and you don't see them," Romo told the Forth Worth Star-Telegram on Sunday. "I got blindsided a couple of times for the first time in a while. ... That was the best D-line I've gone up against in a long time."

Tony Romo's struggles during the game Sunday were almost topped by his postgame difficulties. His right hand wrapped in ice because of what was originally thought to be just a pinkie sprain, Romo was left to try to put on his socks, shirt, belt, etc., with just his left hand, the Star-Telegram reports.

King Kaufman took Lovie Smith to task for the squib kick at the end of the Bears game yesterday.

I agree with Kaufman. The squib is virtually never a good idea. Smith's excuses are BS.

Apparently Dave Toub wanted to kick away. It probably would have been ok, but Gould didn't exactly execute it correctly.

Doesn't matter. If they get within spitting distance of Ryan at all yesterday, they probably win. Smith and Babich deserve more shit for their defensive scheme than anything else. I mean a rookie quarterback?

I would say they got what they deserved.

Well, better to lose one now and get it out of the way.

aggreance

With Pacman's suspension, I think that means they get a fifth rounder from the Titans now. So they pick up an extra second-day pick and get Roy for a 1st and 3rd. Plus, Dallas already had an extra 3rd and 4th in 2009 from last year's draft.

In other words, I think it was a pretty good deal.

With Pacman's suspension, I think that means they get a fifth rounder from the Titans now. So they pick up an extra second-day pick and get Roy for a 1st and 3rd. Plus, Dallas already had an extra 3rd and 4th in 2009 from last year's draft.

In other words, I think it was a pretty good deal.

Dallas got hosed. Pacman should be banned for life. John Madden should get on a fucking plane for cripes pete.

Nice to see Dungy ball return to the Colts. Getting slashed by a washed up ND back and Brett Favre's backup.

That on top of the Refs fucking them. Most penalty yards for a Dungy coached team today. It seemed at one point the officials were inventing things to call.

Wtf is up with this 5-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust passing game? Down 20 in the 4th quarter is NOT the time for a ball control passing game. You gots to move the ball up the damn field. Someone needs to get the play calling in order here.

Nice to see Dungy ball return to the Colts. Getting slashed by a washed up ND back and Brett Favre's backup.

That on top of the Refs fucking them. Most penalty yards for a Dungy coached team today. It seemed at one point the officials were inventing things to call.

The Packers are a good team, though. That defense was flying all over the place today (and getting away with a handful of things, I agree). It's not like Indy got whipped by Oakland. Green Bay was an overtime loss away from the Super Bowl last year. Outside of injuries and the whole Favre thing, they're the same team. Plus, Rodgers has been stellar.