NFL Thread (2008 edition)

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Kerry Collins. Did not know he still had it in 'em.

I couldnt care less if a coach is emotional, just run a good clean program and try and get better as the year goes on, fact of the matter is the Niners could have Bill Walsh (yes I know he is no longer with us) or Bill Parcells right now and they would suck, their GM has made some terrible moves the last few years

Distractions, distractions

Among Ben Roethlisberger's stated concerns about playing the Washington Redskins is their cheerleaders.

That's what he said, anyway.

"I'm not a big fan of playing there because it is loud, they're really good at home and they try to make their cheerleaders stretch in our tunnel before we come out of the locker room. That's just not good," Roethlisberger said yesterday.

dude's O line is quite bad, and this is what he's worried about. :rolleyes

There is a Sun Times reporter/radio host who is claiming that a trusted source tells him that Mike Singletary dropped his pants (not underwear) during his halftime speech to emphasize what the other team was doing to them (I'm cleaning this up a bit) and proceeded to give out halftime adjustments, etc. with his pants around his ankles. I haven't seen this reported anywhere else, so take it for what it's worth. I thought it was funny at least.

There is a Sun Times reporter/radio host who is claiming that a trusted source tells him that Mike Singletary dropped his pants (not underwear) during his halftime speech to emphasize what the other team was doing to them (I'm cleaning this up a bit) and proceeded to give out halftime adjustments, etc. with his pants around his ankles. I haven't seen this reported anywhere else, so take it for what it's worth. I thought it was funny at least.

that sounds Bobby Knightish

Awesome.

That sure wasn't much of a Bears game, but thank cod they won it. I thought they were doomed when Orton went down.

Weird that Detroit scored all of their 23 points in the second quarter.

A real rough first half of the season for the horseshoes, and the second half doesn't look any easier (Pittsburgh next week) but anytime they can beat the Pats it's a good thing. In the last decade this has become one of the better rivalries in pro sports.

Dallas reminds me of the Mets - a lot of talent, but due to poor leadership, it doesn't come together.

Lions - Lost: check

Cowboys - Lost: check

Let's go draft day!

I'm right there with ya! Two of the top 20 picks would be nice, Im rooting for the Cowboys to miss the playoffs cuz that only helps the Lions with that draft pick of Dallas's they have

I would love to see the Lions trade down and trade the 1st or 2nd pick overall that they will have so they can get an extra pick, this could be an awesome draft if they play their cards right, they could build depth very quickly with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and maybe more if they trade down, thank God Matty is gone...please draft defense and O line!!

I'm right there with ya! Two of the top 20 picks would be nice, Im rooting for the Cowboys to miss the playoffs cuz that only helps the Lions with that draft pick of Dallas's they have

I would love to see the Lions trade down and trade the 1st or 2nd pick overall that they will have so they can get an extra pick, this could be an awesome draft if they play their cards right, they could build depth very quickly with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and maybe more if they trade down, thank God Matty is gone...please draft defense and O line!!

I want their first 5 picks to be:

O-Line

D-line

D-line

O-line

O-line.

I am thoroughly unsurprised that the Browns collapsed...again.

I had a huge celebration shot already placed on the PD sports cover. needed a quick change to Steve Heiden getting sandwiched for 1st edition, then Brandon McDonald dropping an interception for 2nd. I really hate night games - and the Browns have two more left!