NFL Thread (2008 edition)

Tuck 'em.

15giants_slide5.jpg

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help it ... I just love seeing the Lions self-destruct like they did in the last seven minutes of the fourth quarter. I have no love for John Kitna, so I can't say I feel too sorry for him today. (Sorry, Lions fans.)

My schadenfreude was considerably tempered, however, by how the Bears pissed away their lead yesterday.

Why the hateraide for Kitna...he seems like a non-entity to me.

You know, I just watched the Cutler play. I haven't seen this mentioned, but if Hochuli thought it was a pass, as he said he did, then it still should have been a live ball since it went backwards. He didn't even have to rule it a fumble. He fucked up all around and should be suspended. He's a bad ref.

League will look into changing fumble rule

NEW YORK (AP)

I was hoping the Iggles would pull that game out last night, but only because I don't like the Cowboys.

I know that it wound up not having a significant effect on the outcome of the game, but I just have to say:

YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT, DESEAN JACKSON

Amazingly, this isn't the first time he's done something this stupid (see sixth paragraph from the bottom).

I was hoping the Iggles would pull that game out last night, but only because I don't like the Cowboys.

I know that it wound up not having a significant effect on the outcome of the game, but I just have to say:

Amazingly, this isn't the first time he's done something this stupid (see sixth paragraph from the bottom).

The showed that play HS play on SportsCenter last night. Unbelievable. That was one of the best games I've seen in a while. It was like watching Arena Football.

"In a 2005 high school all-star game, Jackson spread his arms for a swan dive into the end zone, only to land at the 1."

Fortunately Jackson's sport is football, rather than competitive diving.

As a Lions fan, the only thing I have to say is:

FIRE MILLEN & CUT KITNA

As a bears fan I find it painful to watch the lions. They have never been great in my lifetime, but never as bad as they have been for so long. I for one have never understood the hiring of Millen, and with his performance over the years I can not understand why they have not fired him yet. He has to have really incriminating photo's of someone doig something bad in order to keep his job for so long.

As a bears fan I find it painful to watch the lions. They have never been great in my lifetime, but never as bad as they have been for so long. I for one have never understood the hiring of Millen, and with his performance over the years I can not understand why they have not fired him yet. He has to have really incriminating photo's of someone doig something bad in order to keep his job for so long.

As a Packers fan, I can't get too worked up about them; what do people expect when a team is so bad that Barry Sanders would rather walk away from the rushing record rather than spend another season in Motor City.

I think you're right about the photos. There's no rational reason for the owners to remain enamored with Millen.

Sadly, there was no way for both Dallas and Philly to lose. :(

You know, I just watched the Cutler play. I haven't seen this mentioned, but if Hochuli thought it was a pass, as he said he did, then it still should have been a live ball since it went backwards. He didn't even have to rule it a fumble. He fucked up all around and should be suspended. He's a bad ref.

He made a horrible, indefensible call and should be reprimanded. I don't know his history, but I've always respected his on-field demeanor and listened to a lot of commentators (before Sunday) call him one of the league's best. I was impressed by this article from a San Diego paper:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/sulli...17sullivan.html

I'm pretty sure no one expected the Buffalo Bills to be leading the AFC East right now. I mean, seriously.

Tim Russert is smiling somewhere. Glad my guys finally got a win today. It's been troubling. It seems since Childress (offensive genius, supposedly) came aboard, the Vikings only win when their defense scores. It was a great defensive score today.

No offense to the Steelers, but I hope they were just having an off day today and the Iggles are not actually that good.