Conor Oberst - S/T

Or maybe it's all based on your respective opinions, thus making any point either of you makes moot.

did you miss the point above where i stated it's simply an opinion and not an issue of "right or wrong" like Dr. Canuck was trying to make it out to be? :stunned

since you claim to be a huge Beatles/Mac fan, curious where Yesterday falls for you. it's always felt more in line with Paul's solo work than the Beatles for me to be perfectly honest.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since you claim to be a huge Beatles/Mac fan, curious where Yesterday falls for you. it's always felt more in line with Paul's solo work than the Beatles for me to be perfectly honest.

You are talking to a big fan of Paul's solo work, so I don't think that's a great criticism.

That said, I don't like it all that much. It's a great song, and the string arrangement is, I think, absolutely one of the best in the history of music.

But they have better songs, for sure. And Paul has much better songs too, solo or otherwise. It's kind of bland, but it does have a beautiful melody.

But they have better songs, for sure. And Paul has much better songs too, solo or otherwise. It's kind of bland, but it does have a beautiful melody.

that i can agree with :)

Just like the Beatles themselves.

:realmad

Brian Epstein is the only reason it wasn't released as a Paul solo song.

Cassadaga isn't great, but it's got some great songs ("I Must Belong Somewhere", I'm looking at you.)

Could you elaborate on why it isn't great? Do you think it falls apart? Isn't cohesive?

how about the intro Kill or be killed thats a killer track , I think if you listen to bright eyes for music than it was too much (strings and fiddles)

but if you follow the band for Poetry then its just another collection a great rhymes

Have you, by chance, heard "Shake It Off"? :shifty

Does one bad song, kill a record?

I'm not arguing that Sky Blue Sky is any good (about half and half would be my argument). And I also, somewhere else in this thread, said that I finally got into Cassadaga a bit more. I strongly dislike the aforementioned song, Hot Knives, Soul Singer, & Classic Cars. The rest is between good/great. Oh, except for the chanting on Middleman....

It's funny you single those songs out... Hot Knives, Soul Singer, and Classic Cars (along with Four Winds, Breakman, Clairaudents, and Must Belong Somewhere [even though it goes on way too long]) are the only songs on that record I like.

Get-Well-Cards is the standout for me but as a massive Bright Eyes fan, compared to his overall work I'd certainly say it falls short of Cassadaga, IWAIM, Digital Ash and Fevers. A load of the songs just seem really fillery

This one has certainly grown on me while driving compared to the leaked version on my computer, solid work I must say, the lyrics are some of his best yet. "Souled Out!!!", "Cape Canaveral", and "Leaders In The Temple" are all really awesome I think.