Tanglewood roll call

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for a verification on the recording policy at the venue. The band is cool with it but Tanglewoods general policy is no recording. If I hear back in time I'll give an update.

Jeff

I'm wondering if they're serious about no cameras, too. I've taken pictures there in the past, though I was out in the grass and they were pictures of friends. I'm going to bring my camera, and if they really hassle me about it, I'll go back and put it in my car.

> I'm still waiting for a verification on the recording policy at the venue. The band is cool with it but Tanglewoods

> general policy is no recording. If I hear back in time I'll give an update.

thanks jeff!. can you please play When you wake up feeling old?

seriously, at the melbourne show this year, the same thing was on the tickets and in the venue. i asked the BIG (as in in tall and having lots of muscles) security guy if i could take photos and he shrugged his shoulders and said "yeah if you want"

its more of the standard on the ticket printings rather than the bands policy. just ask first...

I am driving west directy after the show....anyone need a ride? I could use a bit of extra gas money.

LouieB

Lou, are you staying in Albany? Want to ride out w/MChris and I and my daughter?

> I'm still waiting for a verification on the recording policy at the venue. The band is cool with it but Tanglewoods

> general policy is no recording. If I hear back in time I'll give an update.

thanks jeff!. can you please play When you wake up feeling old?

seriously, at the melbourne show this year, the same thing was on the tickets and in the venue. i asked the BIG (as in in tall and having lots of muscles) security guy if i could take photos and he shrugged his shoulders and said "yeah if you want"

its more of the standard on the ticket printings rather than the bands policy. just ask first...

My understanding is that the band doesn't have an issue with making recordings. I did not check my tix for any info about no cameras or recording but on the Tanglewood website the policy is no cameras no recordings. I emailed their customer service and they replied confirming no recording is policy but they would check into it. If I don't hear back by Friday AM I might just call them...

Jeff

Happy note...for the FIRST time since I've known and loved Wilco (8 yrs). Two, not one, but TWO of my closest friends are attending a Wilco show (Tanglewood, hence the post here) on THEIR own w/ other friends I also know.

It's quite strange but very cool :thumbup

Here is the official word from the venue:

"Here are the policies for the WILCO concert-Point and click cameras are O.K. No changeable lens cameras. No video recording-only audio."

So there you go....

Lou, are you staying in Albany? Want to ride out w/MChris and I and my daughter?

Actually I am going to be staying with Rick and Laurie (who you may not know yet, but I met at the Residency) who live in southeast Mass. I am going to be going on to Albany after the show and stay with my bro-in-law (unless you guys want to party afterwards) and then on to Cleveland to stay with my sister the next night.

Wish me luck. I am leaving for Cleveland tomorrow morning and traveling east to spend the weekend in Boston prior to the show. Lots of driving and lots of CDs for the way. (This is posted out there for anyone who wants to pick up a hitch in either directions to points east and west....)

LouieB

The drive from Cleveland to Boston will be long, but if you're taking the NY Thruway to the Mass Pike, it will be an easy, scenic drive. I crossed New York on 86 instead of the Thruway last month when I was headed to Missouri, and it was bumpy and awful. I definitely recommend the Thruway.

Have a good trip!

The drive from Cleveland to Boston will be long, but if you're taking the NY Thruway to the Mass Pike, it will be an easy, scenic drive. I crossed New York on 86 instead of the Thruway last month when I was headed to Missouri, and it was bumpy and awful. I definitely recommend the Thruway.

Have a good trip!

Oh yea, I have done it before, earlier in my life (several times in fact.) I am planning to take 17 (which is 88 and 86) between Albany and Cleveland on the way back, but sticking to the Thruway on the way there so I don't get to Boston at midnight.

LouieB

i heard from a unreliable source that you could bring a cooler (with beer...soda..) into tanglewood...if you are on the lawn. I am just wondering if anybody here knows if this is true? If it is that would be very awesome.

Definitely true. If you are in the lawn you can bring any food item you'd like, including booze. People sometimes go all out there.

Yeah, according to the webbie you can bring coolers with beer if you want. My buddy and I have seats but i am thinking of stashing a cooler somewheres, or perhaps a cooler keeper on the lawn? Any takers?

istillloverockandroll, perhaps you can share our site or someone else's depending on how many people you have coming. The problem i have is that i have a massive tent, larger than most studio apts. in Manhattan! I have no idea the size of the campsites, and i am not coming until Monday, which is a song I am requesting.

Yay, only 5 days. Just in time bc I'm getting Wilco withdrawls. :stunned

I'll be there...Section 2 Row G. Driving from NYC if anyone wants to join me - up and back the same day. :dancing

Looking forward to seeing all the friends I met at the residency!!!!!!! :cheekkiss

I wish they were opening the gates a little earlier. I'm meeting some friends. We all have seats, but we're going to hang out in the back in the grass until Andrew Bird's set.

No food or drinks in the shed, though? I've never been in there, so I don't know how it usually works.

Same here. Some of my friends have lawn seats so I think I'll just stash my cooler with them. There is a cafe on site, so I would be surprised if there is totally no food or drink, I'm sure they don't want to cut down on their proceeds! There is a service too where you can get fancy food packed for you, and it would be weird if it were only for outside folks.

PS Robin told me about the good time you had!

hey everyone, lurker, new poster for the site, just chiming in that me and the wife will be a few hairs back than everyone in section 15 i believe, this is my 3rd and her first wilco show, so, see everyone in a few days.

And I requested "She's A Jar" for the wife....

hey everyone, lurker, new poster for the site, just chiming in that me and the wife will be a few hairs back than everyone in section 15 i believe, this is my 3rd and her first wilco show, so, see everyone in a few days.

And I requested "She's A Jar" for the wife....

Just ask people around you if they are from VC. You will find plenty of us. Meanwhile I am about to get on the road...see you here and there.

LouieB

PS Robin told me about the good time you had!

I've had a lot of good times with Robin this summer, so I'm just going to nod and smile, even though I'm not sure which trip you're talking about :lol

I'm a bit of a foodie, and I'm driving up to my friend's place in Northampton from Wilmington. I'm planning to spend part of Monday cooking up some good things to bring along. I also know where in Northampton to pick up some good beer!

I've had a lot of good times with Robin this summer, so I'm just going to nod and smile, even though I'm not sure which trip you're talking about :lol

I'm a bit of a foodie, and I'm driving up to my friend's place in Northampton from Wilmington. I'm planning to spend part of Monday cooking up some good things to bring along. I also know where in Northampton to pick up some good beer!

I do hope you are talking about the Northampton Brewery!

Tip: The food coop there has Vosges bars for significantly less than I have seen them elsewhere. Like, a lot less. Which would make an excellent post concert pickmeup! I may grab some myself!