• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah don't want any lost wages

Nice.

When I saw them at Red Rocks last year, it was raining so hard they had to stop in the middle of Hey Nineteen and move everything back from the stage. Then they started the song over. I got a song and 1/2 of Hey Nineteen. The roadies were standing there holding umbrellas over the band which I doubt you would see at an Against Me! show.

This one's for real, I already bought the dream.

Got up this a.m. and completely forgot about buying tickets, but was looking for something to pop into my wife's van while I ran errands and picked up Steely Dan, Live in America. Said, "oops" ran to the computer about 1.5 hours after they went on sale

The result: 7th row center. Abut $113 a seat but no ticketmaster fees!

OK, now I want to see the rest of that show.

I've seen that -- classic albums on VH1. Just fascinating stuff, they talk to many of the studio musicians. Just how layered the sound is, how the two of them were finishing each other's sentences, how they had this sound in their collective heads and were able to capture it. Funny stuff about picking through the 32 tracks to find some little nuance they added. Blows you away!

Of course the Dan McDonald thing at the end reminds me of 40 year old Virgin

I hear "Yah Mo B There" one more time, I'm going to "Yah Mo" burn this place to the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Rolling Stone's May 14 issue Smoking Section has a little news for Steely Dan fans:

Steely Dan fans, brace yourselves. In addition to gigs across the country, the Dan will play four-night residencies in LA, Chicago, Boston, and New York (the Big Apple gets eight shows), where they'll be playing three classic albums in their entirety. We'll do Aja and Gaucho and Royal Scam on different nights," says Fagen. The fourth show's working title is "Boffo Total Request Nights." Says Becker, "Through some method, we will be playing exactly what the audience requests. It will be an exercise in instant democracy." Becker adds that they might leave more "fiscomfiting" songs like "Through With Buzz" and "Change of the Guard" off the ballot. "Otherwise, it would be a fuckin' free-for-all," he says. Boys, start working up "Your Gold Teeth," because you will be playing that in New York.

From their website:

Steely Dan's Rent Party '09 Tour

To Include Special Setlist Shows In Four Metropolitan Markets

Breaking news! Steely Dan's Rent Party '09 Tour will include multi-night stands of special setlist shows in

New York, Boston, Los Angeles, and Chicago.

All evenings of these special engagements will offer one of the following programs:

Classic Album (Plus) Night: Setlist is one of three classic Steely Dan albums in its entirety

"Peg"

My favorite Dan song. And, that great 2-chord pattern in the verse inspired me to write something similar. (I'm in the midst of recording it now.) Still, that is a motha' of a song. And the drums! Oh, the drums!

"Peg"

My favorite Dan song. And, that great 2-chord pattern in the verse inspired me to write something similar. (I'm in the midst of recording it now.) Still, that is a motha' of a song. And the drums! Oh, the drums!

Those drums are flat out amazing.

Those drums are flat out amazing.

I think you'll appreciate this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=saZdEh_z6Ts

This one's for real, I already bought the dream.

Got up this a.m. and completely forgot about buying tickets, but was looking for something to pop into my wife's van while I ran errands and picked up Steely Dan, Live in America. Said, "oops" ran to the computer about 1.5 hours after they went on sale

The result: 7th row center. Abut $113 a seat but no ticketmaster fees!

utterly ridiculous price when fagen is just gonna mumble and vamp becker does basically nothing. why do people keep buying tickkets this expensive?