utterly ridiculous price when fagen is just gonna mumble and vamp becker does basically nothing. why do people keep buying tickkets this expensive?

Have you actually been to one of their recent shows?

I have, and I'd pay those prices to go again.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have a lot of fine musicians to pay.

http://www.steelydan.com/2kband.html

While touring in the new century, Donald Fagen (vocals, keyboards) and Walter Becker (guitar) have been supported on stage by the fine musicians below.

Left Bank Holiday / Rent Party '09 [ 2009 ]

Tawatha Agee [backing Vocals: '08, '09]

Jim Beard [Keyboards: 08, 09]

Keith Carlock [Drums: 03-'09]

Jon Herington [Guitar: '00-'09]

Carolyn Leonhart-Escoffery [b. Vocals: '00-'09 Rent Party ]

Michael Leonhart [Trumpet, Keys: '00-'09]

Janice Pendarvis [b. Vocals: '09 Left Bank Holiday]

Jim Pugh [Trombone: '00-'09]

Roger Rosenberg [baritone Saxophone: '06-'09]

Catherine Russell [b. Vocals: '08, '09]

Freddie Washington [bass: '06-'09]

Walt Weiskopf [saxophone: '03-'09]

Are they taper un-friendly?

I don't know. My hunch is no taping because they are so meticulous about their sound. But you should check into it and then tape their show if you can. You're the next VC'er in line to see them at this point. :lol

I don't know. My hunch is no taping because they are so meticulous about their sound. But you should check into it and then tape their show if you can. You're the next VC'er in line to see them at this point. :lol

I may "innocently" try to do it with my iPhone. I loaded a free "recorder" app that records aiff files. I taped my daughter's symphony concert and it picked up pretty decently, for as much quality as they can put into the iphone's mouthpiece.

I am somewhat surprised, but not really. A lot of older bands don't seem to understand live show trading, probably due to the buying and selling of bootlegs back in the day. Although, not all BT sites follow Dime a Dozen's lead, so you may find Steely Dan shows elsewhere.

I am somewhat surprised, but not really. A lot of older bands don't seem to understand live show trading, probably due to the buying and selling of bootlegs back in the day. Although, not all BT sites follow Dime a Dozen's lead, so you may find Steely Dan shows elsewhere.

Sadly (and it may explain a lot) the only links I could google were sites making their entire catalog available for download. I didn't find any torrents for concerts.

I don't recall seeing any, but then again, the only thing I really look for these days are Wilco and related shows. I think I have seen at least one Steely Dan FM sourced concert on a bootleg blog somewhere.

I don't recall seeing any, but then again, the only thing I really look for these days are Wilco and related shows. I think I have seen at least one Steely Dan FM sourced concert on a bootleg blog somewhere.

Wrong thread -- and probably a dumb question -- but why do so many taper-friendly bands refuse SBD recordings?

Wrong thread -- and probably a dumb question -- but why do so many taper-friendly bands refuse SBD recordings?

I think it is because a lot of bands sell their SBD sourced shows these days, and the belief that SBD sourced shows are more likely to end being sold as bootlegs.

utterly ridiculous price when fagen is just gonna mumble and vamp becker does basically nothing. why do people keep buying tickkets this expensive?

Amazing songs, amazing musicians, Fagan has such a distinctive voice, what's not to like? I saw them last year and I don't remember Fagen mumbling.

He just says that because he knows he can't pick apart the production of their albums.

i actually love the Dan. fagen's recen solo album is great. just don't listen to them much lately. i'm just mad that concerts cost so much these days. would love to head out to the local outdoor shed to see a few shows this summer, but i don't have an extra $500s. now, if i were going back in time to see a classic band, then i might spring the cash. :dancing

i actually love the Dan. fagen's recen solo album is great. just don't listen to them much lately. i'm just mad that concerts cost so much these days. would love to head out to the local outdoor shed to see a few shows this summer, but i don't have an extra $500s. now, if i were going back in time to see a classic band, then i might spring the cash. :dancing

I hear you. You have to kind of pick and choose the ones that you go to. I have some "Must see" bands, unfortunately they all seem to come at the same time every year.

Twas ribbin' you Francis.

I hear you. You have to kind of pick and choose the ones that you go to. I have some "Must see" bands, unfortunately they all seem to come at the same time every year.

:thumbup

Twas ribbin' you Francis.

:dancing

Also, there is not standard of quality for those sort of places. They can rip things however they want, and put them up. They only answer to themselves. I actually have 20 or so of those places bookmarked at home. I notice some are better than others. I can't recall the deal with the place you mentioned, I am just speaking in general terms. I would think the cops would have their hands full with shutting down BT sites, but maybe they are going to start going after Blogs that host music also. Of course, if someone is hosting ROIO tracks, I guess they don't have to worry. I have also been reading about a company than bands can hire to seek out and rid the internet of all unauthorized posting of anything to do with their band.