Carl Martin Red Repeat

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to try this pedal out. Or if someone can suggest a delay pedal in the same price range.

I really want to check this pedal out, was just curious what some of you tone guru's out there think of it.

Thanks for the help!

nothing?

well here's another question:

Is 600ms 'enough' delay?

Will that give you just enough for slapback delay, or can that give you some spacey effects as well? i.e - pink floyd....

thanks.

I've never heard the Red Repeat but I'm a big fan of the Carl Martin effects that I have heard (and own). To fake an answer to your follow-up question, slapback delay is around 100ms so you've got some headroom with 600ms. 600 max is shorter than a lot of digital delays but longer than some other analog pedals (I don't know how the Red Repeat makes its delay). But, once you get beyond slapback, the delay time doesn't matter as much as the repeats for spacey, atmospheric stuff.

Keep in mind that 600 ms is about twice a second, so pull out your watch and say "beep" two times a second and see if that's slow enough for you (alternately, set your metronome for 100 bpm).

I hope this helps.

I've never heard the Red Repeat but I'm a big fan of the Carl Martin effects that I have heard (and own). To fake an answer to your follow-up question, slapback delay is around 100ms so you've got some headroom with 600ms. 600 max is shorter than a lot of digital delays but longer than some other analog pedals (I don't know how the Red Repeat makes its delay). But, once you get beyond slapback, the delay time doesn't matter as much as the repeats for spacey, atmospheric stuff.

Keep in mind that 600 ms is about twice a second, so pull out your watch and say "beep" two times a second and see if that's slow enough for you (alternately, set your metronome for 100 bpm).

I hope this helps.

It does help, thank you.