New Election Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, there's abbie hoffman, in the second one down.

Nice pics. Anyone get their head busted?

I like the Nation's letter. I signed it. I have a subscription to that pinko rag and I like their coverage of Obama. They endorsed him but don't give him a free pass. They aren't crazy nutjob liberal by putting him down all the time (minus a couple columnists), but they are committed to promoting grassroots activism to push him in the right direction and hold him accountable.

As I have said before...sacrasm and wit does not translate real well in the internets. But try this on for size:

It's easy to take you too seriously because you take yourself so seriously.

Oh...and remember...I predicted this thing (Georgia and Russia)would end up being a power keg.

Or, your perception is that I take myself too seriously, man

Got this in my e-mail today:

Dear Friends,

I have had enough of John McCain and his whining and his falling back on his time as a POW during the war in Viet Nam for every single thing that he is criticized for.

I was engaged to a fabulous young man, Dennis Cama, who went to Viet Nam and came back in pieces in a body bag. Why?-because he decided to cover for one of his friends who was too tired to go out and lead the team on a mission. He gave his LIFE, not just his time for this country, and not once did I ever get a letter from him whining or gripping about his duty to America. He and 55,000 other dedicated men and woman never came back!

My father was a decorated B-17 ball gunner during WWII and he never went around bragging about his heroism or his bravery or his time that he gave to free the people of Europe from a brutal dictator. He just lived a loving exemplary life. The only way you would have found out is if you asked him what all those medals were behind the frame on the wall in the TV room.

John McCain needs to stop using his time as a POW as an excuse for his bad votes against the veteran

Got this in my e-mail today:

Dear Friends,

I have had enough of John McCain and his whining and his falling back on his time as a POW during the war in Viet Nam for every single thing that he is criticized for.

I was engaged to a fabulous young man, Dennis Cama, who went to Viet Nam and came back in pieces in a body bag. Why?-because he decided to cover for one of his friends who was too tired to go out and lead the team on a mission. He gave his LIFE, not just his time for this country, and not once did I ever get a letter from him whining or gripping about his duty to America. He and 55,000 other dedicated men and woman never came back!

My father was a decorated B-17 ball gunner during WWII and he never went around bragging about his heroism or his bravery or his time that he gave to free the people of Europe from a brutal dictator. He just lived a loving exemplary life. The only way you would have found out is if you asked him what all those medals were behind the frame on the wall in the TV room.

John McCain needs to stop using his time as a POW as an excuse for his bad votes against the veteran

McCain knows POW but doesn't know music-

The Senator has even brought his military record into discussion of his music tastes. Explaining that his favorite song was "Dancing Queen" by ABBA, he offered that his knowledge of music "stopped evolving when his plane intercepted a surface-to-air missile." Dancing Queen, however, was produced in 1975, eight years after McCain's plane was shot down.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/21/m...r_n_120428.html

I wonder when someone will start advancing the argument that John McCain was involved in an immoral activity when he was shot down.

There's some good music on the DNC tonight http://www.demconvention.com/thursday-schedule/

As far as McCain being shot down and all that jazz...5 planes wrecked on 34 missions?Not a sweet record to brag about. He should have been grounded for life after his second crash. Any other US pilot would of,but he was the son of a four star Admiral....and so goes his story.

McCain is not the same dude today as he was used to be.It seems at one time he may have been a swell guy on a good path.Now? He's flip flopping on every issue and continuing the lies and propaganda about Iraq that Bush still goes with. If you think Bush is doing a fantastic job then McCain is your guy.

There's some good music on the DNC tonight http://www.demconvention.com/thursday-schedule/

As far as McCain being shot done and all that jazz...5 planes wrecked on 34 missions?Not a sweet record to brag about. He should have been grounded for life after his second crash. Any other US pilot would of,but he was the son of a four star Admiral....and so goes his story.

McCain is not the same dude today as he was used to be.It seems at one time he may have been a swell guy on a good path.Now? He's flip flopping on every issue and continuing the lies and propaganda about Iraq that Bush still goes with. If you think Bush is doing a fantastic job then McCain is your guy.

Wow.

As far as McCain being shot done and all that jazz...5 planes wrecked on 34 missions?Not a sweet record to brag about. He should have been grounded for life after his second crash. Any other US pilot would of,but he was the son of a four star Admiral....and so goes his story.

So you're counting the Forrestal fire as an example of McCain's ineptitude? That's like blaming JFK for getting in the way of Oswald's bullet. And the fact that McCain, as an admiral's son, requested a combat tour in Vietnam and refused an opportunity for early release from his Hanoi imprisonment don't exactly jibe with the intended portrayal by anti-McCain activists as a sissy enjoying a comfy career as the son of an admiral. The man spent more than 5 years as a POW and was beaten, stabbed and tortured by his captors. There are plenty of things to pick on McCain about, but his military career is not one of them. He served honorably and trying to belittle his service only makes for ugly and seemingly desperate politics.